Two @#$% sacks in three games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two @#$% sacks in three games?

I'm not saying the corners are good but this defensive line has been piss poor. They aren't doing the secondary any favors. Graham shouldn't have been resigned. Barnett hasn't shown up yet. Cox must be hurt. If they can't sack Stafford, they should be embarrassed.

When was the last time this defense scored a touchdown?

Special teams is awful, too.

I thought this post was about Michael Bennett. He's got two sacks in three games.

Comment

Graham, Peters, Sproles, and Darby all should have moved on by now. Lurie's paying these guys $21 million dollars this year for fond memories.

Comment

The old guy strategy

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Graham, Peters, Sproles, and Darby all should have moved on by now. Lurie's paying these guys $21 million dollars this year for fond memories.
        Worked in 2017

Was held together with duct tape in 2018

Has the potential to implode in 2019

Comment

I thought Graham finished last year really stron . He was a beast in New Orleans. Id have kept Peters, Darby didn't make sense to me and sproles doesn't either.

Comment

You can make the case for Peters for one more year. I wouldn't have done it, but it's reasonable. I just thought he was cooked last year.

Graham has three more years @ $13M before we can get out of that contract and take a $10M dead money hit. Love the guy forever, but that's a bad contract and the Eagles were probably bidding against themselves there.

Sentimentality kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Worked in 2017

Was held together with duct tape in 2018

Has the potential to implode in 2019
              I think it can work, but you need to be able to replace the old guys with young guys. This gets back to drafting.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                This gets back to drafting.
                Which is the most depressing topic of all.

Comment

My issues are

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  I think it can work, but you need to be able to replace the old guys with young guys. This gets back to drafting.
                  listed below, and even with potentially hitting on a couple of young guys, you've got a third year of counting on old guys in very key roles. It's not like we're talking about backup olinemen here:

2017: Corey Graham (big SB run contributor; great pickup)

2018: Bring back Corey Graham vs. finding an alternative (Graham sucked)

2019: Sign Sendejo and Cyprien (32 and 29 years old; Sendejo is a MAJOR liability thus far)

2018: Trade for Bennett (Bennett has a bunch of sacks and plays well); Long has a solid season

2019: Long retires, Trade Bennett and bring in Curry (30 years old); Signed 31 year-old Graham to 3 yr extension (ZERO pass rush)

2018: Sproles on pseudo-IR for almost whole season

2019: Sproles still has significant offensive role (comical back-shoulder throw to him during crunch time of last game)

2018: Sign Mike Wallace who plays part of one game

2019: Trade for (and sign a 3-yr extension with!) Desean and he's injured with a lingering thing

Comment

Replacing Frank Reich with Mike Groh may be their biggest mistake. When you have so many rookies filling in, they need someone that knows how to get them involved in the game early with simple play calling. This offense now seems allergic to a basic slant pass. On another note, I have no idea why they even brought in Jordan Howard if they're not going to hardly use him.

Comment

Working...
                    X