Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a day to reflect, my Captain Obvious observations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a day to reflect, my Captain Obvious observations.

I've probably been too critical of Wentz, but I still have not seen him have the spark necessary to bring the team back for a W in crunch time.

WR situation is a mess right now. I still hold out hope for BCJJ... a lot of rookies struggle. I want to like him but he has given no reason for me to do so.

DL is a decimated mess. Cox is obviously not 100 percent but at least he has been on the field.

LBs decimated as well.

Defensive secondary I will blame the DL and LB situation more than their play.

This team doesn't look like they are going anywhere but having said that they are only a couple of bad calls from Zebras from being in the hunt.

But the one biggest thing: turnovers... they aren't winning that battle and losing that battle is what dooms a team.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

PS: you block a FG attempt late in a close game... you should win that game

Matt Ware

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/v...rgers-11174271
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Looks like the same team from last year before Foles stepped in. Slow starts and stepping on their own dick constantly.

Comment

Kamu back one Thursday night...hope he’ll make a difference.

Also, Crabtree canned bun AZ today...at least he doesn’t drop balls.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          I've probably been too critical of Wentz, but I still have not seen him have the spark necessary to bring the team back for a W in crunch time.

WR situation is a mess right now. I still hold out hope for BCJJ... a lot of rookies struggle. I want to like him but he has given no reason for me to do so.

DL is a decimated mess. Cox is obviously not 100 percent but at least he has been on the field.

LBs decimated as well.

Defensive secondary I will blame the DL and LB situation more than their play.

This team doesn't look like they are going anywhere but having said that they are only a couple of bad calls from Zebras from being in the hunt.

But the one biggest thing: turnovers... they aren't winning that battle and losing that battle is what dooms a team.
          Wentz's troubles with closing games out hasn't been a secret, it's been a very real thing. But fair is fair. He threw money passes in huge spots at the end of games in back to back weeks that should have been highlight reel game winners. I'm hopeful that he's turned a corner, even if the rest of the team hasn't caught up with him yet.

I'm also hopeful because without Wentz, there's no hope at all.

Comment

Pretty sad that a ticky-tack black on the bock made all the difference after such a huge play.

I really had no faith in the offense to get 7 before they moved the ball back, and I had no faith in them to get 3 after they moved the ball back.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              Pretty sad that a ticky-tack black on the bock made all the difference after such a huge play.

I really had no faith in the offense to get 7 before they moved the ball back, and I had no faith in them to get 3 after they moved the ball back.
              That call was awful. The guy turned his back in the middle of the block...incredibly weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                That call was awful. The guy turned his back in the middle of the block...incredibly weak.
                Not to mention the phantom OPI call(s).

Comment

My take on Wentz is that he gets too excited. He looked like that a little when he first started two years ago. His short passes sailed or were thrown too hard, and his long passes were rushed and fell a little short. But he settled down. Hopefully he will do that again. Maybe (shudder) there is something to the point of getting more preseason snaps in.

Comment

My take of Wentz is he throws an uncatchable ball ... look at all the drops.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - he also appears to have a lot of neck pimples ... troubling.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Agreed. Might as well have Sammy Sleeves in there.

Comment

The Defensive line is the one place I'm really concerned. Secondary looks mediocre, but they've been mediocre forever.

Offense is just injured or inexperienced. Wentz actually looks really good and he's the only guy on offense doing anything rn.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            PS - he also appears to have a lot of neck pimples ... troubling.
                            I know I shouldn't respond with a credible response, but when the skin develops pustules, it can be an indicator of underlying health. A simple answer is that it is a matter of poor hygiene with infections developing from clogged pores. But when an area that is so near to the lymph nodes, the skin papule and pustules can be an indicator of underlying problems. We all know that he has had back issues. He very well might have developed a reliance on pain medication that is manifesting it's presence by the presence of the acne.

Comment

Bradford's sweet passes hit the hands like a roll of Charmin.

And his complexion is smoother than a Kenny G sax solo.

Just don't stare at the eye. He hates it when people stare at the eye.
                              Last edited by The Duck; 09-24-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X