Jordan Hicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Hicks

Second in the league in tackles (35), just behind Skinny Luke (36), ahead of Bobby Wagner (33).

Hicks has talent and I was surprised he didn’t come back on a team-friendly deal. But I’m not losing sleep over him being gone. I doubt things would be much different if he’d stuck around.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 09-24-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

We lost two nail biters. Having Hicks in the middle playing at an elite level absolutely could've made an impact.

I'm in Phoenix and I have Cards fan friends, so I'm getting an earful about it. It's annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        We lost two nail biters. Having Hicks in the middle playing at an elite level absolutely could've made an impact.

I'm in Phoenix and I have Cards fan friends, so I'm getting an earful about it. It's annoying.
        There's no denying his talent but let's see if he makes it through the season first. He was way too unreliable to warrant an extension IMO.

If KGH doesn't get hurt this probably wouldn't even be an issue.

Comment

It's not an ITYS, I wasn't banging the drum to bring back Hicks either.

It's just... fuck.
          Last edited by The Duck; 09-24-2019, 02:31 AM.

Comment

700 LEVEL THEM AND SHUT EM UP.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

We don't value linebackers

The FF era wasn't linebacker oriented, and neither is this one. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                There's no denying his talent but let's see if he makes it through the season first. He was way too unreliable to warrant an extension IMO.

If KGH doesn't get hurt this probably wouldn't even be an issue.
                I bet he makes it through the year. Seems like the real issue is the conditioning and medical staff here in Philly.

Comment

I can't knock the Eagles for letting him go. Lots of talent but he was NEVER on the field. Of course he'll be a Pro Bowler for someone else.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    I can't knock the Eagles for letting him go. Lots of talent but he was NEVER on the field. Of course he'll be a Pro Bowler for someone else.
                    It's more of a face palm than a knock. Hicks is Carlos Santana.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                      The FF era wasn't linebacker oriented, and neither is this one. It sucks.
                      Remember back in the 80s and 90s, how we dreamed of having a real offensive line. I'm like that with linebackers now.

It's part of the reason why I'm so pissed off about Dallas. I freaking love their linebackers.

The silver lining if this season goes belly up is we can move on from Schvontz. Maybe we get someone who doesn't have such contempt for the position.

Comment

Remember back in the 80s and 90s, how we dreamed of having a real offensive line. I'm like that with linebackers now.

It's part of the reason why I'm so pissed off about Dallas. I freaking love their linebackers.

The silver lining if this season goes belly up is we can move on from Schvontz. Maybe we get someone who doesn't have such contempt for the position.
                        LB is the least important position on defense by far.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

supremely talented. Never can stay healthy. Well, HERE anyway.

Watch him lead league in tackles and never miss another game moving forward.

I would not have signed him to the money he got either, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            LB is the least important position on defense by far.
                            LB isn't a position, it's three. One of them is the primary communicator and leading tackler of your defense.

MIKE is more important than WILL, WILL is more important than SAM. And their importance fluctuates in a given defense, depending on the scheme, how good the players in front of them are, how good the players behind them are, and who you're playing. If you have great players in the middle and/or the weakside, you're going to tailor the scheme to get them more involved. SAM is the only LB position that you can rightly call "least important" on the field in a general sense.

But this is all academic and kind of pointless. Add a game changing linebacker like Kuechly or Wagner to this defense, they're instantly no worse than the second most important player on the field.

Comment

Working...
                            X