The Gospel according to Hakim Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gospel according to Hakim Laws

I really can't get enough of that video. I think there is a lesson there that even amongst the craziness of life, you can find a moment of joy - even if joy is dressed up as bitterness toward your favorite football team. That's kind of what sports is. The joy and the anger are just the flip sides of the same coin that is the experience of fanatically following a sports team. After all, this place would be far less hilarious if the Eagles were always good.

Anyway, I've been having a bit of a tough go lately personally and was having a pretty crappy day yesterday until I saw that. It somehow put things in a new light. I'm fortunate enough to not have to save babies from a burning buildings and I can still vent about the Eagles, too. Sometimes you just need Hakim Laws to put things in perspective.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Amen! Preach it Brother McCarthy!
    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      After all, this place would be far less hilarious if the Eagles were always good.
      Great post, and I was just thinking yesterday how an Eagles loss does seem to ramp up the comedy on here.

Comment

Shoulda been here in January '03. We were up to our foreheads in comedy.

Comment

Working...
        X