So the shitheads running the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the shitheads running the NFL

react to a once in a blue moon failure to call an obvious defensive pass interference in a playoff game with what has become a significantly more controversial instant replay of pass interference ... compounded with an apparent mandate to over-call OPI.

Nice move
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I find it amusing that the coaches still don’t understand the rule. The only non-call they will ever overturn is a complete tackle before the ball arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I find it amusing that the coaches still don’t understand the rule. The only non-call they will ever overturn is a complete tackle before the ball arrives.
      It would’ve been epic had they overturned the one on Jeffery.

Comment

Yeah despite the nice win...

the shit show the NFL throws out week to week with officials is making it very hard to watch

Comment

Not to mention that it appears that offensive holding has disappeared from the list of available penalties to call.

Comment

There is a flag thrown every 6 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
              Not to mention that it appears that offensive holding has disappeared from the list of available penalties to call.
              I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they give the officials guidance on how to call things.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                Tom Terrific pitched a hissy fit at halftime of Titans Jags last week about all the holding calls. He turned off the game, coincidence??

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  react to a once in a blue moon failure to call an obvious defensive pass interference in a playoff game with what has become a significantly more controversial instant replay of pass interference ... compounded with an apparent mandate to over-call OPI.

Nice move
                  At this rate, with the way they're calling these challenges, coaches aren't even going to bother throwing the flag soon.

Maybe they realize they made a horrible rule and that's the point. Make the burden of proof so ridiculous, and the possibility of a reversal so slim, that it discourages the challenge altogether.

Comment

I hope that's what happens. I hate the rule. And with the exception of the non-call on Maddox which was egregious, coaches just challenge calls they don't like. The challenge of the Jeffery non-call stood no chance.

IMO the helmet-to-helmet contact was the worst part of the no-call in the Saints Rams game. This may not be a popular opinion but I think they should have a crew upstairs reviewing dangerous plays. Take the inexplicable non-call of the facemask on Sanders last week.
                    Last edited by art vandelay; 09-27-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Without going through the entire game-stopping, under-the-hood crap, there should be some mechanism for an instant booth reversal of the egregious misses. Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X