Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ginger Baker

Great drummer
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Originally posted by Loki View Post
    Great drummer
    Very talented and more than a bit cantankerous.

He will always be remembered as the "angry shop teacher" here.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Ginger was a bit of a dick. Not a big fan of other rock drummers, either.

But, he was ridiculous behind a kit. Flat out ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Very talented and more than a bit cantankerous.

He will always be remembered as the "angry shop teacher" here.
        Yep I still use that term. RIP
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

he was sick for awhile,,great loss, GrandDaddy of the double bass drum

he brought along and inspired so many Drummers we grew up on,,,Love the cream and Airforce,,plenty of Colab with winwood and Capaldi,,,Great Drummer, and all around Odd fellow!
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Read an article yesterday quoting him as stating that he did not consider himself a rock drummer and that he considered himself playing jazz.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Beware of Mr. Baker

I was fortunate enough to see Cream at the Spectrum in 1968 (I think) and the word was he'd die on stage during that tour with drug use, etc. Certainly should have taken the over on that one!

If you have an interest in Baker, Netflix has a great documentary on Ginger called Beware of Mr. Baker with interviews with Clapton, Windwood and others. Eccentric and talented as hell. It's worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Read an article yesterday quoting him as stating that he did not consider himself a rock drummer and that he considered himself playing jazz.
                Rock drumming vs. jazz drumming is slow pitch softball vs. major league baseball. It's just a whole other level of the craft. I can see why Ginger got a little irritated by all of the fawning over Bonham and Moon. But there are some great rock drummers who can/could swing a little bit (Bruford, Collins, Peart, Portnoy)... just not on Ginger's level.

Comment

Working...
                X