IMPORTANT NOTE:BORED UPDATE UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT NOTE:BORED UPDATE UPDATE

I received an email from our hosting company indicating our bored software has a serious vulnerability. They recommended patching the vulnerability.

However, the version of our software we currently have is no longer supported so the vulnerability is not patchable. Therefore, I have decided to upgrade the software. It will probably happen on Sat. Sept. 28 if I can find the time.

This will be the first upgrade to the software in many years. Some of the custom tweaks we have made (like threaded mode) will go away but hopefully this will provide a better experience overall and a more secure environment.

EDIT TO ADD--I had to bite the bullet and pay for a professional upgrade installation. The upgrade should happen in the next 5-10 days. I do not have control over the exact timing but I will request it not occur on a Sunday or Monday. I will trying to backup the database nightly to minimize the potential of data loss.

After the upgrade, I have no idea what the board will look like. Icons, colors etc. may be different. So there may be some tweaking necessary to get the look back to something appropriately IGGLEPHANS-esque. It actually might be a good time to modernize the look of things. If anybody here has artistic web design experience and would like to help in such an effort please let me know.

Upgrade

How can we make donation to help with the cost

Comment

Working...
    X