question for you local philly guys -- bears game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for you local philly guys -- bears game

we're coming up for the Bears game and it falls on my youngest's birthday. Yes, i know we're jinxing the game, sure to lose, and will ruin both your afternoons and his birthday.

my wife refuses to get a eagles sheet cake made here and bring it up (god forbid we make it easy) and is insisting on getting something made from a grocery store or something up there. nothing CAKE BOSS level needed. just a godamned cake that doesn't taste like shit with an eagle or something slapped on it.

we're staying near airport/stadium area.

any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-08-2019, 12:18 PM.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    we're coming up for the Bears game and it falls on my youngest's birthday. Yes, i know we're jinxing the game, sure to lose, and will ruin both your afternoons and his birthday.

my wife refuses to get a eagles sheet cake made here and bring it up (god forbid we make it easy) and is insisting on getting something made from a grocery store or something up there. nothing CAKE BOSS level needed. just a godamned cake that doesn't taste like shit with an eagle or something slapped on it.

we're staying near airport/stadium area.

any suggestions?
    REMEMBER THE BOILED PEANUTS!!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Grocery Store: Either shoprite (there are 2) or the Acme on Oregon Ave fits the bill.

Fancier: there's a Termini Bros near the Chickie's and Petes. I actually don't know if they do the typical decorated sheet cake.

Other than that, you're probably taking the train somewhere, in which case I'd probably suggest Tiffany's which is in Suburban station - so that's easy to get to.

I'm sure others have better ideas.

Comment

Depends on how "airport area" you will be. If you're out near Ridley Park area, there is a Shoprite and a Walmart in Eddystone. There's also an Acme in Folsom. If you're right next to the airport, there's a Shoprite in the Island Avenue area.

You thinking of getting one with the habanero baked in?

Comment

OR A PICTURE OF SOME NAKED DUDE ON THE BACK OF A PICK UP TRUCK?
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Potito's on Ritner makes a good cake.

Not too far from the stadium. I think they usually have some decorated up for the Iggs.

Comment

Caccia's is a block away if you want tomato pie.

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                X