• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See ya, Gabe!

Whooooo!!

Buh-bye!!!!

Ahhhh yeah!
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

I'm not going to shed any tears for Gabe, but Middleton looks like such a clown right now. Anyone who thinks that a retread manager like Showalter or Madden will save this franchise is in for a rude awakening.

Comment

Doesn't mean a damn thing as long as Klentak and McFail are flying the plane.

Comment

Yup. This front office blows. They need to overspend the money there and replace McFail and the other dopes.

Comment

Yeah?

Well at least those motherfuckers don't bat a .180 hitter third because he hits well on full moon Thursdays when Macy's is having a one-day sale.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

What would you think about Joe Girardi? I'd hate Showalter. Madden is fine for a couple years, but the teams he inherits and eventually ruins are much better than this one.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

No, but they thoroughly vetted Looney Toons and still gave him a three year deal. I'm sure he was talking about lunar cycles and tropical tree oils during the interview process. It didn't trigger any alarms. That makes them idiots.

Comment

Alarms?

That's WHY they hired him.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Alarms?

That's WHY they hired him.
                    Bwah... Misunderstood which "they" you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      What would you think about Joe Girardi? I'd hate Showalter. Madden is fine for a couple years, but the teams he inherits and eventually ruins are much better than this one.
                      Girardi is a joke, anyone can win with the Yankees, look at this year. I like Showalter and would like them to consider Ibanez.

Comment

this

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                        I'm not going to shed any tears for Gabe, but Middleton looks like such a clown right now. Anyone who thinks that a retread manager like Showalter or Madden will save this franchise is in for a rude awakening.
                        encompasses my thoughts, entirely.

Comment

Showalter might be a retread, but at least he isn't going to try to reinvent the game like Coconuts did. With a little tweaking and a manager who isn't a new age crackpot, they could be a wild card team.

Long term is more concerning. There's nothing in the pipeline, and the Braves are stacked.

Comment

I think if you feel like there is a window to win a WS in the next four years, Madden would be OK.

My recollection though, is that he did everything he could to try to lose that Cubs WS. Maybe I'm misremembering.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This team is becoming the Washington Redskins of MLB. Klentak and MacPhail wanted to keep Kapler but Middleton said fuck you and fired him on his own. Now he expects a good manager to come here and manage with those 2 that are practically lame duck Front Office Personnel? Sounds pretty fucked up to me. It was either clean house or keep all 3 of them another year. Middleton should have cleaned house.
                              Last edited by Anthony; 10-10-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X