IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 05-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Ground_Meat

Default NBA draft lottery tonight

We need Lakers to get either #1 or #6 (or anything past 6)

#2-#5 would go to Boston. Are you kidding me?
Ground_Meat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2018, 06:32 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post "NBA draft lottery tonight"
dev_32

It's going to be number to. The Boston representative will be wearing a Fultz jersey
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2018, 06:33 PM  
dev_32

It's going to be number two. The Boston representative will be wearing a Fultz jersey
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2018, 06:35 PM  
Sect 236

The Lottery only determines spots 1-3 and then every pick after that is determined by record. That means the Lakers pick can only come in 1-3 or 10-13.

Edit to add odds for each pick:
1- 1.1%
2- 1.3%
3- 1.6%
10- 87%
11- 8.9%
12- 0.2%
13- 0.001

2.9% chance the Celtics get it, 97.1% chance Sixers get it.

There’s actually something to be said for it conveying to Boston this year actually being better for us, that way there’s no stipulations on the Kings next year. Basically, would you rather us have 10 this year and Boston get 2 or 3 next year or have Boston have 2 or 3 this year and us have a chance at 2 or 3 next year. Of course, the Kings pick could come in at 1 next year, especially with lottery reform, and we keep it anyway.

Last edited by Sect 236; 05-15-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Sect 236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2018, 08:17 PM  
Anthony

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Sixers pick 10th.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2018, 08:19 PM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "Sixers pick 10th."
Ground_Meat

Keep Bridges in Philly!!
Unread 05-15-2018, 08:21 PM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "Sixers pick 10th."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Sixers pick 10th.
Iím hoping Sacramento lands #1...knock that Boston pick down...
Unread 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "The Lottery only determines spots 1-3..."
ishimonster

The Kings have a lot of young talent with whoever the #2 pick is coming in. I don't see them picking in the top 5 next year.
ishimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2018, 08:43 PM  
Posted in reply to ishimonster's post starting "The Kings have a lot of young talent..."
Ground_Meat

Agreed.

BC canít screw this up. If Mikal Bridges is there, itís a no-brainer. Perfect fit.
Unread 05-15-2018, 09:09 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Agreed. BC canít screw this up. If..."
Sect 236

Why do you think Bridges is the perfect fit outside of knowing he’s from Villanova? He’s a good 3 and D player but Boston exposed our offense built around 3 point shooters who can’t create their own shot. Maybe Bridges wasn’t asked to do that much at Nova and that’s something he can do and hasn’t shown, but, if it’s not, he’s not the perfect fit. There may not be a perfect fit at 10 and Bridges may be the BPA, which, fine, but I don’t think locking in on him and only him is prudent.

Since it’s not prudent, it’s probably what Colangelo will do and then he’ll get drafted by the Knicks at 9 and Big Collar Bryan will have no idea what to do.
Unread 05-15-2018, 09:49 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Why do you think Bridges is the perfect..."
Ground_Meat

Heís a very good defensive player besides being a good shooter. Iíve watched both him and Miles Bridges a lot. Mikal is the better player, despite being less explosive and athletic.

Iíd also like to see Colin Sexton here. He was surrounded by trash and continued to elevate his game Throughout the season...seems to have a killer instinct from the 4-5 games that I saw.

Mikal is my choice...
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:09 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Heís a very good defensive player..."
Sect 236

Non explosive, non athletic defensive player who is a jump shooter and doesn’t create off the dribble. Sounds like Covington and plenty of people sure hated watching him struggle against Boston. Again, if Bridges is the BPA, so be it, but, he’s the type of offensive player that the Celtics switching D killed.

I do like his defense for sure but I don’t think his offensive skill set really gives us what we need unless he can demonstrate an ability to penetrate.
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:25 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Non explosive, non athletic defensive..."
Ground_Meat

Since you seem to be an NBA analyst of the highest caliber, whoís your choice?

You understand we arenít picking in the top 3, correct?
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:28 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Non explosive, non athletic defensive..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect 236 View Post
Non explosive, non athletic defensive player who is a jump shooter and doesnít create off the dribble. Sounds like Covington and plenty of people sure hated watching him struggle against Boston. Again, if Bridges is the BPA, so be it, but, heís the type of offensive player that the Celtics switching D killed.

I do like his defense for sure but I donít think his offensive skill set really gives us what we need unless he can demonstrate an ability to penetrate.
https://youtu.be/RZtPgmPv1GM

Please show me where Covington has EVER done this (first highlight of the videos)...super non-explosive...
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:32 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Since you seem to be an NBA analyst of..."
Sect 236

Relax bud. I don’t know who the pick should be. I’m just pointing out his style of play and how it fits with what did and did not work for the Sixers against their main competition for the future. Mikal has a high floor and low ceiling. He won’t be a bad pick, I just don’t know if he’s the “perfect” pick. There might not even be one out there.
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:35 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "https://youtu.be/RZtPgmPv1GM Please..."
Sect 236

https://youtu.be/dV1xXkWPiPQ

Edit to add: I just want to clarify again, before you get even angrier...I don’t think Mikal is a “bad” pick and he very well may end up being better than Covington, just discussing the need to consider more than one prospect. Like you said, they’re not picking top 3 so to think that any player at 10 is a perfect fit is silly. Scout em all and hope Colangelo picks the right one (*Arrested Decelopment narrator voice* He won’t)

Last edited by Sect 236; 05-15-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:39 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "https://youtu.be/dV1xXkWPiPQ..."
Ground_Meat

Ehhhh, not half as good...really no defender (3 on Bridges) and Cov didnít cock it back. Iím impressed though...didnít think Cov even had that...
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:40 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Relax bud. I don’t know who the pick..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Relax bud. I donít know who the pick should be. Iím just pointing out his style of play and how it fits with what did and did not work for the Sixers against their main competition for the future. Mikal has a high floor and low ceiling. He wonít be a bad pick, I just donít know if heís the ďperfectĒ pick. There might not even be one out there.
Probably right about a ďperfectĒ pick (see 2017 draft)
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #19
Sect 236

UW Markelle was the perfect fit for the Sixers. If UW Markelle comes back, theyre in good shape. If he doesn’t.....
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:45 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "UW Markelle was the perfect fit for the..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
UW Markelle was the perfect fit for the Sixers. If UW Markelle comes back, theyre in good shape. If he doesnít.....
Itís crazy on so many levels. I canít discuss him...makes me nauseated.