Clear All

Uh huh ... that's what I wrote

Strawmaaaaan

The Strawman came with the sun.
    Distortion was to be done.
    And so I'm forced to deride and make fun
    Of the Strawman.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Lawman.html

Last edited by slag; 04-03-2013, 02:46 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

what is the downside of trying it?

Comment

You brought up two superbowls. Show me where i said fiasco.

Now get on your straw horse and get out of town.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I love how people consider these players "grown men". As if these 20 somethings have the world view of a middle aged man who has seen more than his share of life experiences. They're young adults. Not kids, but certainly not yet fully matured. They are still very prone to influences both good and bad.

Change the desk and office assignments of 50 year olds and there will be a lot of grumbling from cranky old men. 20 year-olds? Not so much.

Comment

Oh, it's so ON right now!

I feel like putting my MC Hammer pants on and turnin this mutha OUT!

HOME TOWN POSSE'S THEY WILL!
            TURN THIS MUTHA OUT
            B BOYZ THEY WILL
            TURN THIS MUTHA OUT
            YEAH BOY, WE WILL
            TURN....THIS....MUTHA.....OUT!!!
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-03-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Geigh
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Every player quote I read when this "story" came out was supportive of this. From what ive read the players seem to be down with what he's doing.
                Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  what is the downside of trying it?
                  If you think the locker room "blend" can have an upside then it can also have a downside. Loss of unit cohesiveness? Who knows? Half the roster is going to be different anyway. Whats the point?

Personally i think hes just throwing stuff out hoping something sticks and thats what i dont like.

If Reid had decided to blend the locker room to improve the team, he'd have been mocked.

Comment

If Reid had done it, you would have defended his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Who says this guy doesn't know what it takes to win in the pros?

I have never anticipated an Eagles season less.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-03-2...on-locker-guys
                      Then piss off til next season
                      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Uh huh.

You sarcastically make a reference to his "ability" to coach professionals.

Then comment that you have never had less anticipation for a season.

And now you argue that I made a twisting misdirection of your meaning by implying you seem to think a fiasco is brewing from his helmet-sticker mentality (as you later put it).

On the other hand, I clearly only indicated that rah rah intense behavior has been used by successful NFL coaches, noting that one won two Super Bowls, and you twist that into me making a specific prediction of two Kelly NFL championships.

Nice try with "I'm not but you are" rank-fest, but I don't think so, Straaaawman.

Last edited by slag; 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Whats the point?

Personally i think hes just throwing stuff out hoping something sticks and that's what i dont like.
                          Take a step back from the ledge and think this through

Why would he do it and what's the point ?
                          Its a very clear message that things are different, that there is a new regime and that things are going to change. It's not only a very visual reminder that the old regime is gone its also a means of seeing who buys into it and who is going to resist

The new boss needs to know who's on board and who's the locker room lawyers.

And if something as simple as changing your locker location gets you all bent out of shape, then how are you going to handle all the other changes that are coming in training camp ?

And I'll add this - every single World Champion in football and other sports makes the same comment:

"We really came together as a team, the chemistry was awesome and I'd take a bullet for any of these guys"

Chip is merely using this as a starting point in changing the culture- a culture that produced a 4-12 season from a collection of players that should have been 8-8 at worst.

You could save us all a bunch of time and call yerself Manthony and be done with it. :D

Comment

You only think that because Chip Kelly is doing it

Because it plays into the whole college coach thing. Next up will be stickers on helmets for making plays.

No. I don't think mixing up the lockers will accomplish anything in the NFL. Organizing by position makes more sense to me. These guys are there for the paychecks not to make buddies.

Do you actually think a problem with last years team was the way the locker room was set up? Hell, Bambi hung out in his car anyway.
                            If the coach that you wanted to be here had done the same thing, you'd be spouting off about what a smart guy he is, and how come the FF never thought about doing that, and yadda, yadda, yadda. You're better than this.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow was that a nail on the head post. Maybe thats why your team has rings, and we still suck hind teat.
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Bull. The most important difference between the Packers and the Eagles is Aaron Rodgers. Unless they are rearranging the locker room to include Rodgers it won't mean crap. Pure window dressing for the rubes - of which there are obviously plenty here.

You can order the locker room anyway you want. If you don't have the right players, you lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X