Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety / Depression

Hey guys,

don't want to bring up a shitty subject but just wondering if anyone else out there suffers from anxiety and depression. I have been dealing with this for years and have come to the point where I am sick and tired of dealing with this shit and having it control my life! Does anyone have any experiences or solutions they can share that may help me through this? Any help would be great!

Thanks guys -

What medications have you tried? SSRI's?
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

yup - currently on Cipralex and Abilify - still feel like shit though

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
        Hey guys,

don't want to bring up a shitty subject but just wondering if anyone else out there suffers from anxiety and depression. I have been dealing with this for years and have come to the point where I am sick and tired of dealing with this shit and having it control my life! Does anyone have any experiences or solutions they can share that may help me through this? Any help would be great!

Thanks guys -
        Contact your local hospital and get placed on a "voluntary" hold.

Find somebody to talk too.

Realize that you aren't the only one. The majority of people suffer from anxiety and depression.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Start with eating healthier, exercising and limiting caffeine and booze. That will go a long way.

Comment

are you seeing a psychologist on a weekly basis? Do you need a recommendation on a therapist in your area?

2nd Rothdog's notion --- eat healthy --- fruits, veggies, lean meats, seafood, healthy fats.

exercise at least 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes.

don't drink or smoke pot or other drugs.
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

This.

...and if things are not getting better, seek professional help.

I've been posting less often, that should have help some!

Comment

How long you been on the meds?
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I got diagnosed a few years ago for mild depression/anxiety but the drugs they gave me made me feel worse than the problem...Foggy Brain.

Lexipro and Zoloft were the prescriptions....F them! I weened myself slowly off those but still feel some side effects years later...sometimes it feels like the "wheels" are turning just a bit slower.
                  YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                    I got diagnosed a few years ago for mild depression/anxiety but the drugs they gave me made me feel worse than the problem...Foggy Brain.

Lexipro and Zoloft were the prescriptions....F them! I weened myself slowly off those but still feel some side effects years later...sometimes it feels like the "wheels" are turning just a bit slower.

Yeah, all these meds work by blocking your neurotransmitters.

Comment

shut up

I hope I made you laugh (or at least smile) for a second. Seriously, the Eagles are just not worth it. Did that do it? Look I don't think you're going to solve it on this board. I have alot of experience with this with my mom, so if you want to take it off-line and PM me or something I would be happy to try and help.

Comment

I know how you feel man. I have been suffering from anxiety for the past 7 yrs, it just kept getting worse and worse, I started getting neck pains, started worrying that I might have cancer. crazy shit bro last week I started taking paxil now neck pain is going away and also I went from being a minute men to a stallion, it feels like I'm always wearing a condom!

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                          Start with eating healthier, exercising and limiting caffeine and booze. That will go a long way.
                          This.

Never was "diagnosed" but have had months where I didn't want to leave the house. Since like '09, I've made myself eat healthier, workout more...having higher self esteem really does the trick.

Comment

Could be the abilify. Its an antipsychotic, might not help much with depression.

Comment

Originally posted by brun019822 View Post
                              I know how you feel man. I have been suffering from anxiety for the past 7 yrs, it just kept getting worse and worse, I started getting neck pains, started worrying that I might have cancer. crazy shit bro last week I started taking paxil now neck pain is going away and also I went from being a minute men to a stallion, it feels like I'm always wearing a condom!

Hahaha...take advantage of the side effect!

Comment

Working...
                              X