Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Maker Recommendation Needed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a sweet mr coffee and use my day old underwear as a filter. It gives it that something extra that I need to get my day started right.

Comment

We have Two -- A Regular And A Keurig

For Monday through Friday we have a 12-cup Mr. Coffee. It's a basic model with a timer that we bought five years ago and we've never had any problems with it. So if you're looking for a dependable coffee maker, you can't go wrong with Joe DiMaggio's favorite brand.

For weekends we have a Keurig -- again, it's the basic model (just the two of us -- the cats prefer tea) and it's great. We have four or five "flavors" of K-cups -- you MUST try Kona, it's out of this world -- plus decaffe and hot chocolate. It's easy and quick, and if you're in the mood for a cuppa in the evening with the pie that Aunt Mary brought you, you don't have to make a whole pot.
      Last edited by Kelly Green; 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

You have underwear?? Somebody is moving up!!
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

We have this and we love it

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-...t+coffee+maker

We grind our own beans (burr grinder). The thermal carafe is great. K-cups are very expensive. Even if you get K-cups at Costco or whatever, it's expensive. The best you can usually do is around 50 cents a cup with Keurig for a 6-8 ounce cup! That's Costco price. People are so f'ing lazy. Even if you make a pot and throw out half of it you are STILL saving a bunch of money. I guess it depends on how much coffee you drink. My wife and I will usually have 2 mugs (muggz) each in the AM and that's around 6 cups on the coffee maker. I'd blow through $3 in K-cups doing that. For about 6 or 7 dollars, I can buy a whole POUND of coffee beans and make coffee for 2 WEEKS! (not 2 days)

Comment

You don't have to buy their coffee to use the K-cup maker.

They have a reusable plastic one into which you can put your own coffee (which has already been discussed in the thread).
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Not to mention the fucking waste kcups produce. My grandkids are gonna have to find another earth bc this one is gonna be filled with kcups from these lazy fucks.
              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

RIGHT ON DIGGS. FOR A WORLD THAT'S ALWAYS TALKIN ABOUT GOIN GREEN THEM DAMN THINGS ARE RIDICKEROUS.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I know about that. It's messy and hard to fill.

If you're going to use that, why don't you just make a pot of coffee? I guess if you just want to make one cup to have with your pie after dinner (like KG said) it's OK. But I'm with Diggle: K-cup users are eco-villians. They're just throwing those things into the regular waste stream and choking whales. It's f'ed up.

Comment

Yeah Cuisinart

but I like this one using also a paper filter and 3 - 4 heaping tablespoons of Kirkland Columbian Supremo fine grind.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-...t+coffee+maker

Comment

I BOUGHT THE CHEAPEST DAMN COFFEE MAKER I COULD FIND, AND GUESS WHAT, IT MAKES COFFEE JUST LIKE THE EXPENSIVE ONES DO!
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

There are some features to the slightly more expensive ones...

....that are nice. Timed brewing and thermal carafes are good to have. But you're right, it really doesn't make better coffee. Good coffee beans and clean water (at the right temperature) make better coffee. Have you ever had Jamaican Blue Mountain? It's so GD good. Beans from the right altitude, picked cherry ripe. UHH! So GD good.

Comment

I don't drink iced coffee....

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          I have a sweet mr coffee and use my day old underwear as a filter. It gives it that something extra that I need to get my day started right.
                          however I do drink the cold coffee that's been sitting on my desk for three hours.
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

50 bucks says Slizz has one of these on his counter

GET BENT HIPSTER ECO-VILLIAN!

Comment

It's no more difficult to deal with than the filter and scoop used to make a pot.

And the reusable one is no more eco-unfriendly than the plastic that your coffee maker's filter bin is made from.

Besides, our grandchildren will be too busy looking for water to worry about garbage.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I've actually got the one that goes under the maker. Maybe I can get one made out of baby seal bones for my Nespresso cups, though.
                                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                                X