Hold your criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold your criticism

Why don't we just see what the product is like on the field?

He's been here closer to 14 weeks rather than 14 years and I personally like the direction.
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

I was just surfing for a CheFFs site

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
    Why don't we just see what the product is like on the field?

He's been here closer to 14 weeks rather than 14 years and I personally like the direction.
    they have a similar sentiment. They're also excited about small college draftees and reaches already...

Comment

if you don't care now, then don't complain later. just accept whatever product jeffy puts on the field.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

How does that follow?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

?
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Complain early and often or forever hold your peace. If you don't criticize the coach before he's coached a single down, then you can never criticize him?

Bizarre philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              if you don't care now, then don't complain later. just accept whatever product jeffy puts on the field.
              I think what you are saying is that by predicting the absolute worst allows you to say I told you so in all but the best possible outcome. Hedging your bets. Brilliant!

Comment

He's freestyling.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  How does that follow?
                  if you personally like the direction then you shouldn't complain if it doesn't work out.

how does it follow that you can't express an opinion about front office moves because they haven't played a game?

Comment

That's a nice twist, but it doesn't address my question.

Here I'll spell it out:

How does someone waiting to see what happens translate into someone who doesn't care now?

And the further illogical ultimatum prohibiting subsequent complaint?

Comment

I look at it like they are baking a cake and we will see the result in September.

I won't hesitate to criticize and boo if they aren't improved from last year when Sept. rolls around.

I fully expect them to be unproved, even if it's only one win more from the terrible season last year.

But right now, nothing the new regime has done is truly measurable so I'm trying to keep my powder dry.

All in all, I'm just glad that Reid (FF) is gone. You knew what you were going to get with him and it wasn't championship level football. Cough cough.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                        Complain early and often or forever hold your peace. If you don't criticize the coach before he's coached a single down, then you can never criticize him?

Bizarre philosophy.
                        If you think hiring a coach without NFL experience was smart and believe in what he's doing, I would say that limits your ability to criticize Lurie if Kelly busts out.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          if you personally like the direction then you shouldn't complain if it doesn't work out.

how does it follow that you can't express an opinion about front office moves because they haven't played a game?
                          What if I'm self aware enough to realize I have in fucking clue what the " direction" is, you know, being less than six months in. Can I complain later?

Comment

Explain how what Bardy posted translates into he thinks hiring a coach without NFL experience was smart and he believes in what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

All in all, I'm just glad that Reid (FF) is gone. You knew what you were going to get with him and it wasn't championship level football. Cough cough.
                              That seems to be the trend - cautious optimism combined with seeing something different

It's like the first time you eat coldstone...

Comment

Working...
                              X