No announcement yet.

Reid gets better value than Barkley.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guarantee we will never see Chip Kelly call a timeout after the 2 minute warning to avoid a delay of game penalty. The solidified Andy as having the worst time management ever.

Comment

Tyler Bray would have never been a first rounder, this year, next year, the year after that. Did you ever watch any of Tennessee's games the last 3 seasons? His first year when he was thrown into the fire wasn't too bad. But the next two years, he was simply terrible, and his decision making was Vick-like. I spent part of my childhood in Tennessee rooting for the Vols, and still follow them today. I used to think a lot of the Vols problems was because Derrick Dooley, who was thrown in an equally bad situation because of Lane Kiffin, was as pass happy as Reid was and he, like Reid had a viable running game and didn't use it. I don't know how you can make the argument that Reid, with a practical turnover machine, who was actually thought of going into the third round, could have more value than a guy who, if he had come out of school last year was a certain first rounder and they got in the fourth round.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        Tyler Bray would have never been a first rounder, this year, next year, the year after that. .
        Kiper had him third or fourth round this year and thought he could go high as second. Remember the Eagles used two picks on Barkley. Big Red got Bray for nothing.

Andy's reputation for developing quarterbacks was all it took. Has to be the deal of the draft at this point.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Big Red got Bray for nothing.

Andy's reputation for developing quarterbacks was all it took.
          Yes that, and 254 picks going by without Bray's name being called. Dude I get it now, you miss FF...no matter who they hired you weren't going to like it.

Comment

Kiper had him third or fourth round this year and thought he could go high as second. Remember the Eagles used two picks on Barkley. Big Red got Bray for nothing.

Andy's reputation for developing quarterbacks was all it took. Has to be the deal of the draft at this point.
            I'd say his value is better than Tom Brady's using that logic. Brady cost the Patriots a 6th round pick while Bray cost nothing.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Congratulations!!! This is the dumbest thread of the year. Nothing is a close second.

If you want to pick silly things to argue about...how about where the Chipster will be living in 2015. CC is leaning toward Austin.

Comment

None what so ever, it is as if fans want another decade or lifetime of FF wasting draft picks and burning timeouts!

Jut - I am with ya, but it has been a breathe of fresh air having Chip here, be nice if people would just wait and see where the "chips" fall - see what I did there

Comment

Trent Dilfer was on before the draft discussing Bray, who was a counselor at Dilfer's QB camp. He thought Bray is a nice kid with a big arm, but he also said after three years of college Bray still makes lots of read mistakes Dilfer expects high school QBs not to make.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                    Congratulations!!! This is the dumbest thread of the year. Nothing is a close second.

If you want to pick silly things to argue about...how about where the Chipster will be living in 2015. CC is leaning toward Austin.
                    It is a stupid thread. It's based on an idea that signing an undrafted free agent that everyone expected to be undrafted is some great coup compared to drafting a guy in the 4th round that was expected to be gone.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      Trent Dilfer was on before the draft discussing Bray, who was a counselor at Dilfer's QB camp. He thought Bray is a nice kid with a big arm, but he also said after three years of college Bray still makes lots of read mistakes Dilfer expects high school QBs not to make.
                      I find it hard to hold Trent Dilfer's opinion on quality QB play in very high regard.

How did a career journeyman on the south-side of mediocre become an expert outside of being relatively smooth as a television analyst?
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Kiper had him third or fourth round this year and thought he could go high as second.
                        This would hold a lot more weight if he had been drafted at some point. All this proves is that Kiper doesn't know what NFL teams are thinking. Kiper thought Barkley would be a high 2nd rounder, so what?
                        Last edited by common wealth; 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I'm sure no one is expecting Bray to start but how can you go wrong with an undrafted free agent? And deserved or not, Reid does have a great reputation for developing quarterbacks. That rep most likely influenced Bray's decision where to sign. Doubtless the KC Kool Aid drinkers are as upbeat about Bray as BobbyUK is about Barkley.

Barkley is a "value" too but every team in the league passed on him three times so obviously he doesn't have franchise written all over him. I suppose it's most likely that neither ends up working out. That would give the edge to Kansas City since they gave up nothing.

Here's the Kiper quote.

"I would say right now another year at Tennessee would benefit him," ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper said Tuesday during a conference call. "If he comes out, you're probably looking at maybe a second-, third-round pick potentially, but if he goes back, he's a guy you would think could be in the first-round discussion [next year]. I'd project him more right now to be a third-rounder.
                          http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...year-for-bray/

Surprised a comparison of two long shot QBs is so upsetting to some people. I guess now they're going to argue the merits of Dilfer's opinion over Kiper.
                          Last edited by Maniac; 04-29-2013, 07:21 PM.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I'm sure no one is expecting Bray to start but how can you go wrong with an undrafted free agent? And deserved or not, Reid does have a great reputation for developing quarterbacks. That rep most likely influenced Bray's decision where to sign. Doubtless the KC Kool Aid drinkers are as upbeat about Bray as BobbyUK is about Barkley.

Barkley is a "value" too but every team in the league passed on him three times so obviously he doesn't have franchise written all over him. I suppose it's most likely that neither ends up working out. That would give the edge to Kansas City since they gave up nothing.

Here's the Kiper quote.

Surprised a comparison of two long shot QBs is so upsetting to some people. I guess now they're going to argue the merits of Dilfer's opinion over Kiper.
                            The Eagles signing Dennis Dixon is pretty much the same thing except that he has actual experience with the guy coaching the team. Oh that's right, you were giving that savvy move lots of praise.

As for Mel Kiper:

http://deadspin.com/infographic-your...ning-480958913

He's been known to know have about as much of a fucking clue when it comes to predicting NFL talent as this:

Maybe less.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

This also a big myth

And deserved or not, Reid does have a great reputation for developing quarterbacs
                              Um! Could you name a list of these Qbs that Reid has developed?

Comment

Wait a minute

Here's the Kiper quote.

So the fact that every team in the league passed up Barkley 3 times means he's not a franchise QB. Brady was passed over at least 5 times by every team in the league when he got drafted. Montana was passed over at least twice, because he didn't go until the third round. Bray was passed over by every team in the league SEVEN TIMES, including multiple times by teams that had more than one pick in any particular round. So, by your logic, how in the world is Bray the better value ??
                                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X