the hottest women on TV are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the hottest women on TV are...

...on the Spanish soap operas. Wish I had a dollar for every time they stopped me in my channel surfing tracks. IE, you should jump on this bandwagon to help you with your second language! You'll be Rosetta Stoned.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Rosetta Stone Sucks!

Classic example of how stupid Rosetta Stone is. Saw an ad that used French as an example. They had pictures of a boy and a girl -- under the girl is "fille" but under the boy is GARCON.

Now, I've seen enough movies and read enough books where the customer in a fancy French restaurant wants something (more wine, bread, etc.) and he raises his hand and says, "GARCON!" -- and the waiter comes over.

Clearly GARCON means waiter -- but this ad says it means boy -- so I call the 800 number and ask them how are we non-French speakers supposed to know which is which if they don't explain -- and they brag about "no memorizing" -- I told him, "It ain't gonna work if you don't REMEMBER what it is you learned so you damn well ARE memorizing!

Booo on Rosetta Stone!
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      Classic example of how stupid Rosetta Stone is. Saw an ad that used French as an example. They had pictures of a boy and a girl -- under the girl is "fille" but under the boy is GARCON.

Now, I've seen enough movies and read enough books where the customer in a fancy French restaurant wants something (more wine, bread, etc.) and he raises his hand and says, "GARCON!" -- and the waiter comes over.

Clearly GARCON means waiter -- but this ad says it means boy -- so I call the 800 number and ask them how are we non-French speakers supposed to know which is which if they don't explain -- and they brag about "no memorizing" -- I told him, "It ain't gonna work if you don't REMEMBER what it is you learned so you damn well ARE memorizing!

Booo on Rosetta Stone!
      SO HOW DO YOU REALLY FEEL.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Garcon means boy

vous ętes un idiot
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Tell That To The Waiters

All those waiters in French Restaurants sure as hell come running when people shout GARCON!

Comment

All those waiters in French Restaurants sure as hell come running when people shout GARCON!
            Not if they're female.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Booo on Rosetta Stone!
              /GarçonFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search Garçon is the French word for boy. In English, and various other languages, it was adopted in the specific meaning of a (male, usually young) waiter, especially of low rank in a larger establishment, who serves customers food and/or drinks. However, in France, it is considered rude to address a waiter as garçon. It is instead recommended to call them monsieur or mademoiselle, depending on their gender.[/URL]
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Yep, he'd get the European Vacation treatment

nm
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Well at least in Belgium, they put mayo on their fries

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    nm
                    This movie explained it for me.

--
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Spoken like a true xenophobe!
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I'm willing to bet that if you go to a French restaurant and call your server garcon you're going to have someone else's human saliva in your food.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

Bull Cookies!

I'm criticizing the SYSTEM not the language! They're guilty of false advertising!

Comment

I'm criticizing the SYSTEM not the language! They're guilty of false advertising!
                            You are 100% wrong about the system though, garcon is boy. So it must be the language.
                            It IS About Me Asshole
                            -----------------------
                            Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

pretty easy to understand. calling someone 'boy' is clearly demeaning. they call their waiters boy because they are the bitches bringing them their food. you must be retarded.

Comment

Working...
                              X