Shoobie invasion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a shoob myself.

even though I am back living in OC fulltime. One does not simply "become" a local. However, laughs about shoobs are preferable, in my mind, to the base reaction many residents have to some shoob behavior.

venturing onto the streets baby stroller first, riding bikes at 4 miles an hour five abreast, loud cell phone talking in normally quiet restaurants, parking with half a car length in front of my driveway, etc. Not isolated behaviors but repeated for three months.

Very annoying, but as others have said, vital to the economy. Like living anywhere you take the good with the bad and I would live nowhere else.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

you might be right...

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      In all honesty, given the taxes of those shoobies are being used to rebuild the shore, and given that the shore needs that invasion of day trippers this year more than ever before, a moritorium on shoobie cracks is probably appropriate.
      ...might be.

May 7, 2010

Comment

it's true OC and south were not in the eye at landfall

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        I suppose they have a different view of things this summer down in Wildwood then they do in, say, LBI, Seaside Heights, Point Pleasant, or Belmar.
        However, everywhere had pockets of serious damage. I rode out the storm in OC with my gf who pretty much lost everything in her garage and first floor. She and other longtime residents (Red Klotz, for example, who lives beachfront in Margate and lost many furnishings and saw his patio deck washed out to sea) will still have fun with seasonal visitors.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          even though I am back living in OC fulltime. One does not simply "become" a local. However, laughs about shoobs are preferable, in my mind, to the base reaction many residents have to some shoob behavior.

venturing onto the streets baby stroller first, riding bikes at 4 miles an hour five abreast, loud cell phone talking in normally quiet restaurants, parking with half a car length in front of my driveway, etc. Not isolated behaviors but repeated for three months.

Very annoying, but as others have said, vital to the economy. Like living anywhere you take the good with the bad and I would live nowhere else.
          JUST A MATTER OF RESPECT. SOME OF US HAVE IT AND SOME OF THEM DON'T. LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, THE FEW SCREW IT UP FOR THE REST. WHEN YOU VISIT A PLACE YOU NEED TO SHOW A LIL DECORUM, A LIL DECENCY.

YOU DIDN'T THINK I KNEW WORDS LIKE DECCORUM DID YA! BE HONEST.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

all I know is

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            JUST A MATTER OF RESPECT. SOME OF US HAVE IT AND SOME OF THEM DON'T. LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, THE FEW SCREW IT UP FOR THE REST. WHEN YOU VISIT A PLACE YOU NEED TO SHOW A LIL DECORUM, A LIL DECENCY.

YOU DIDN'T THINK I KNEW WORDS LIKE DECCORUM DID YA! BE HONEST.
            Last night was beautiful when they began the return trip. Streets are empty again. Nobody's blocking my driveway and nobody is pissing in my neighbors' flowers.

that is all.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

I am glad that you are in OC now. Very Good.
              You know what all the people in OC think of the summertime and crowds.
              It's why I never go there in the summer. But - the scenery can be just great!
              And the Condo at 55th Street had no damage at all last year, even though the water got the highest it's ever been, I believe.
              Enjoy OC, I like it a lot!
              Glad you made it there! Sure beats the mainland!

Comment

JAG OFFS GOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO WHERE THEY ARE VISITING.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

My mother used to tell a story about a hurricane

That hit Ocean City. She was working as a waitress at Simms on the boardwalk, her brother, my Uncle was a cook. She was about to leave the kitchen with an order when the door burst open with the customers rushing toward her, she looked out the window and saw a wall of water approaching the boardwalk. As the story goes the water smashed in the windows, and washed out the back taking some people with it.

I did some research, and this was in the early 30's, no TV, Radio, or early warning.

I have suffered through several storms, but I have always had time to get out, if I so chose!

As a child I spent all my summers in OC, fondly remember it as was in the 40's and 50's.
                  "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Working...
                  X