• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoobie invasion...

is in full effect.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Curious what exactly is a Shoobie? I worked a number of years for OCBP and later rented a condo at Ocean Colony for a number of summers when my children were young. I never really got a firm understanding of what a Shoobie is. Could you help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
      Curious what exactly is a Shoobie? I worked a number of years for OCBP and later rented a condo at Ocean Colony for a number of summers when my children were young. I never really got a firm understanding of what a Shoobie is. Could you help me out.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoobie

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
        Thank you

Always felt the day trippers were some of the most fun people there. Really soaking up everything they could get done in one day. Unlike a good number of the pompous residents.

Thank God for the Shoobies they make the Jersey shore fun.

Dunes till dawn forever! Those were the days.

Comment

Locals in any resort town pretty much enjoy

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
          Thank you

Always felt the day trippers were some of the most fun people there. Really soaking up everything they could get done in one day. Unlike a good number of the pompous residents.

Thank God for the Shoobies they make the Jersey shore fun.

Dunes till dawn forever! Those were the days.
          the cycle of visitors. Shoobies means great beach days and weather for NJ. Same with snowbirds in FL. When they leave, it means less traffic congestion, but less than perfect weather, less commerce, etc.

There are always the pluses and minuses in each cycle.

Comment

The cast of Jersey Shore are all shoobies.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Technically, Bennies.

Comment

True....true...
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Its a good thing...

Hopefully the shore folk can make a few pennies on such a dismal weekend ,,,after all they been thru,,anything is welcome..Hopefully Monday it hits 80...
                  Last edited by TRENT; 05-25-2013, 06:22 PM.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Somebody has to pay the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      is in full effect.
                      ENJOY THE TREMENDOUS CASH FLOW THAT IS CREATED FROM THE UNCOMFORTABLE WEEKENDERS. FEEL FOR YA.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

In all honesty, given the taxes of those shoobies are being used to rebuild the shore, and given that the shore needs that invasion of day trippers this year more than ever before, a moritorium on shoobie cracks is probably appropriate.
                        Last edited by RSE; 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          In all honesty, given the taxes of those shoobies are being used to rebuild the shore, and given that the shore needs that invasi
                          YES YES IT DOES, BUT THE PARKING AND TRAFFIC AND ALL THE PHILLY PEOPLE MAKING THEIR LIVES SO UNCOMFORTABLE IS TO TRAUMATIC FOR THEM.

Comment

I suppose they have a different view of things this summer down in Wildwood then they do in, say, LBI, Seaside Heights, Point Pleasant, or Belmar.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                              I suppose they have a different view of things this summer down in Wildwood then they do in, say, LBI, Seaside Heights, Point Pleasant, or Belmar.
                              YOU GOT THAT RIGHT BOSS. I LIKE THAT PEOPLE THAT LIVE ON THE MAINLAND BUT STILL CLAIM THEY LIVE DOWNASHORE, JUST CLOSER THEN I AM THAT'S ALL.

Comment

Working...
                              X