Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he doesn't need to disagree

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
    From you, I consider disagreement an honor. The guy who calls the advice of one of the top cardiologists in the world (nonsense, I think you called it) to now disagreeing with the top economists in the world.

You and yours live in a fantasy bubble where facts have no place and history can be re-written to fit your delusions.
    several other elite (and Noble Prize winning economists) already disagree with Krugman.

Comment

It's not disagreement

Just statement of facts, of which you have no knowledge of.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

One of the biggest problems we face is the democrats attacking the republicans and vice versa. The left right paradigm which keeps the people fighting amongst ourselves keeps us blund to what is actually happening in washington. At the end of the day the left and the right are two sides of the same broken record.

Comment

1. Flat Tax, across the board, then if you feel the need to, put an additional "luxury tax" on yachts', plane's, limo's etc.

2. Stop ALL foreign aid, PERIOD.

3. If we insist on being the world's police force, then charge for it, scrap the U.N. truly a useless organization.
          Last edited by Eagle Road; 05-27-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Flat Tax and a simple tax system would probably put a lot

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
            1. Flat Tax, across the board, then if you feel the need to, put an additional "luxury tax" on yachts', plane's, limo's etc.

3. If we insist on being the world's police force, then charge for it, scrap the U.N. truly a useless organization.
            ... of accountants and tax lawyers out of work. I do tend to favor one though. It would eliminate a lot of people from not paying any fed tax.

Comment

Good idea ... put the people making yachts, limos, planes etc. out of work.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Better then a flat tax is the fair tax. A national sales and service tax. Imagine the savings involved by cutting the irs down to tracking and collecting sales tax. Plus EVERYONE pays illegal immigrants, tourists everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  Good idea ... put the people making yachts, limos, planes etc. out of work.

I said IF you had to, and I NEVER said it had to be a stupid percentage, on that note, you want to put people to work, END THE F.E.T.

That is the PERFECT example of a Government applied tax gone wrong, it costs me 15,000 dollars paid directly to the Federal Government on EVERY new truck I buy.

This is on top of State Tax, Sales Tax, Title Tax, IFTA Tax, Pro Rate Tax, Ton per Mile Tax, Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, Unified Registration Tax, Road Tax, Nexus Tax, Ad Valorem Tax, Personal Property Tax, along with all of the other regulations that may as well be a Tax, as they ALL cost something.

This is JUST on truck, don't get me started on Employee Taxes!

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                    Better then a flat tax is the fair tax. A national sales and service tax. Imagine the savings involved by cutting the irs down to tracking and collecting sales tax. Plus EVERYONE pays illegal immigrants, tourists everyone.

Agreed Harls, but this goes directly back to your original post, it is BOTH SIDES OF THE ISLE.

If one side REALLY wanted change, then why don't we have any change?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                      TAX THE FUCKIN' MILLIONAIRES AND, MORE THAN THAT, THE BILLIONAIRES!

But that ain't gonna happen because the Republicans won't allow it.
                      THEN THEY MAKE THAT MONEY UP BY LAYING HARD WORKING PEOPLE OFF AND SENDING US INTO A BIGGER DEPRESSION. ELEMENTARY.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                        I know, right? Priorities.
                        SERIOUSLY. GIVE ME ONE SUPER BOWL DAMN IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                          Perspective!

Phils gave me my parade. Im good.
                          NOUGH SAID.

Comment

Agreed Harls, but this goes directly back to your original post, it is BOTH SIDES OF THE ISLE.

If one side REALLY wanted change, then why don't we have any change?
                            Absolutely right. Politicians dont want the fair tax because it takes away there loopholes. All they want is for us to occupy ourselves fighting over who pays what.

Comment

Come On Spiney -- Remember Reaganomics?

You give tax breaks to the rich and the big business tycoons and they'll be SO happy and feeling so generous that they'll pass the money along to their employees -- the low and middle class like most of us.

Ronnie and his advisors wouldn't lie to us.
                              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Hey I am a pretty common sense guy

Originally posted by slag View Post
                                Enough already ... every branch of the government needs a haircut on how they spend money.

Simplistically screaming "cut" (fill in the blank) misses the point.

Every bloated department, including the military, needs to have the WASTE eliminated.
                                If Defense is 31% and Education and Transportation together are about 5% of my tax dollar, I am going to be looking at the Defense budget like Kelly Green would be looking at the last jar of mayo on the shelf. Now that only makes fucking sense. Slag, tell me what part of this argument you disagree with please. Sure there is some fat in all areas but dollar for dollar where will we find more of it ??? And not just that, I question our values when we spend almost 9 times more on Defense than we do on Education, seems like the inmates are running the asylum. My sentiments anyways.

National Debt - stop spending and make more money, that is our way out. We have added a large chunk due to the recession but I got to say whatever money people lost during the bubble somebody had to make that money on the other end and i.e. our tax rates must not have been high enough for these people to cover their share of the problem IMO. I am not talking about tax revenues generated in 2008 but commencing way before. Those rates belied as well as current rates, a false sense of security. Debt is at $53k per PERSON average. Need to raise taxes on Capital Gains, Dividends, Estates (just make them pay tax on the Capital Gains) and I say need to do something about gains on sale of personal residences by at least lowering the threshold for tax liability or the number of occasions or both, again IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X