How about the OSU Prez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the OSU Prez

Friggin bow tie-wearing Mormon slams the Catholics, Father Joyce and my beloved Notre Dame!

That's right, I said MY.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Crazy cultists.

Next thing you know, they'll try and make a run for POTUS....DOH!
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

what say you, eagle in Ohio?

"those damn Catholics?"

"The fathers are holy on Sunday and raise holy hell the rest of the week?"
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        Friggin bow tie-wearing Mormon slams the Catholics, Father Joyce and my beloved Notre Dame!

That's right, I said MY.
        I believe that guy is a certifiable douchebag. He is the type of person who gives academia a bad name. Opponents of academia love to have a guy like him around so they can point to him while the majority of instructors make little.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

the majority of instructors make little?

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          I believe that guy is a certifiable douchebag. He is the type of person who gives academia a bad name. Opponents of academia love to have a guy like him around so they can point to him while the majority of instructors make little.
          we can quibble over secondary education, but post-secondary?

This might be a little outdated, but:
          http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...apshots/2.html

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            we can quibble over secondary education, but post-secondary?

This might be a little outdated, but:
            http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...apshots/2.html
            WOW! That's a hell of a lot of money! Especially after getting a PhD!

What does the average TA make?
            --------

Comment

WOW! That's a hell of a lot of money! Especially after getting a PhD!

What does the average TA make?
              education isn't a golden ticket anymore. I have no idea what a TA makes, but most that I know don't typically pay for their PhDs either.

Comment

You didn't answer my question. What does the average TA make?

Then for extra credit, compare it to Gordon Gee's salary.
                --------

Comment

You didn't answer my question. What does the average TA make?

Then for extra credit, compare it to Gordon Gee's salary.
                  because it's largely irrelevant. What would you peg a post-secondary educator's salary at? is 100k sufficient? It's a highly desirable job, so I'm curious if someone else would do it for 90k? 80k?

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best...sistant/salary

Looks to be about 23k. Then again, they're also in school...not paying 30k per year. How is that salary bad either?

Gordon Gee's problem is the board of trustees or governors (or however it works in Ohio). But I guess they're happy with him

Comment

Is Gordon Gee's salary included in that average?

Extra extra credit: explain the difference between a mean and an average.
                    --------

Comment

Gee is a fundraiser. He's raised over a billion dollars for OSU. Therefore, he'd have to be caught with a dead woman or a live boy, maybe, to be replaced.

Comment

Is Gordon Gee's salary included in that average?

Extra extra credit: explain the difference between a mean and an average.
                        I assume you mean for professors. And I'm guessing not since he's an administrator (and if you'd like for me to get started on them, I can to, they're also easily replaceable and highly overcompensated)

To the best of my knowledge, mean and average are synonyms.

Comment

"most that you know" dont pay for their PhD's???

education isn't a golden ticket anymore. I have no idea what a TA makes, but most that I know don't typically pay for their PhDs either.
                          that's scientific. for what its worth, most that I know DID.
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

I assume you mean for professors. And I'm guessing not since he's an administrator (and if you'd like for me to get started on them, I can to, they're also easily replaceable and highly overcompensated)

To the best of my knowledge, mean and average are synonyms.
                            Sorry, I misspoke professor. I meant to say median instead of mean. Doesn't change the fact that Gee is an overpaid douchebag. Or the fact that TAs are somewhat akin to slave labor.
                            --------

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                              that's scientific. for what its worth, most that I know DID.
                              I never met many PhDs who paid nothing. Most of the ones I know graduated with a lot of debt.

Sign me up for the deal where you can get a PhD for free in the U.S.! I deserve it!
                              --------

Comment

Working...
                              X