Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Game of Thrones fans out there? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Game of Thrones fans out there? (spoilers)

HOLY EFFING SHIT that was ridiculous last night!!!!

i did not read the books so this blew my mind.

I've read the books (which are great, BTW) so I knew it was coming ... but it was still really intense because I wasn't sure how over the top they'd go.

The book is graphic and the description of what happens is actually worse.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Great Show

I couldn't believe what happened, because I was sure that either Robb or his mother were going to survive, once she took Lord Frey's wife hostage. Damn, that was crazy.

Comment

That and Davinci's Demons.

Pretty wild show.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

GOT Fan here

I am a GOT fan and also have not read the books (to this point at least, see below). While I knew that an epic event was happening during this episode, I didn't expect what happened.

It has me totally shocked. One thing this author does well is kill Starks.

The HBO series has inspired me to start reading the books as I fear I can not wait until season 4 to learn more. I am just starting off book 2 (season 2 in the show) and in my opinion, the team at HBO is doing an excellent job of telling the story.

-Ten

Comment

I knew something awful was brewing

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            HOLY EFFING SHIT that was ridiculous last night!!!!

i did not read the books so this blew my mind.
            Rob and his Mom were making terrible decisions left and right, the Lannisters are truly ruthless, and the Starks are cursed with a naive sense of honor in a dishonorable world. But man, I didn't think it would be THAT bad. I watched the rerun at 11 and it was still hard to get through.

Comment

Figures you're into that gay crapola

good lord
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

They have tweaked the story some, but overall it's been excellent.

I'm not sure whether I'm glad I read the books for not, because it removes the element of surprise ... and The Red Wedding isn't the last one.

Comment

Oh I don't know ... with two more books to be published, I have a feeling the Starks aren't finished.

Comment

When they make a show about a douchebag PGA star who cheats in the Masters, fucks around on his wife, and hunts ducks with a Bushmaster, you'll be all in.
                    Last edited by slag; 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hahah.. yep!

nm
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

this is why i'm glad i have not read them. there's nothing better than the feeling of shock and horror when Ned got beheaded in season 1 and the shit that went down last night.
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 06-03-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

That was insane. I cringed when they stabbed Robb's wife. That was horrible.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I guess it's pick your poison ... I find that a good book is generally better than a movie or television show (if for nothing else than more detail) ... and the books are really good.

So I got the shock reading instead of watching.

Comment

I actually read them all twice. A lot of stuff makes a lot more sense the second time around.

I find myself wondering if the final two books are going to be influenced by the popularity of the TV show. I also find myself wondering if the author will live long enough to finish writing them

Comment

Working...
                              X