• Show
Clear All

• No home field advantage at the Linc

But we already knew that.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...he_Eagles.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I never did get to see a game at the Vet

But I do know that the sound of 60-some thousand people coming at you when they get rowdy from 360 degrees at all levels definitely helped create a home field advantage. I don't get why they left the corners at the Linc open. Easy escape for sound. Plus there are enough people who go to games at the Linc who are more concerned with sending Tweets and updating Facebook statuses than they are with the game.
    Last edited by BirdsInNC; 06-14-2013, 02:50 PM.
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      From 1999-2002, the Eagles lost 12 games at home and 13 games on the road.

If you don't include the 1999 season, they lost 8 games at home and 6 on the road.

Edit.

That's regular season games.
      Last edited by TerpEagle; 06-14-2013, 03:07 PM.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        From 1999-2002, the Eagles lost 12 games at home and 13 games on the road.

If you don't include the 1999 season, they lost 8 games at home and 6 on the road.

Edit.

That's regular season games.
        No home field advantage under Reid (FF) either!
        --------

Comment

Would it be impolite to point out...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          The the winning percentage at the Linc is 56.2% compared to 56.1% at teh Vet?

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
            The the winning percentage at the Linc is 56.2% compared to 56.1% at teh Vet?
            No, because during the years the Eagles played at the Vet their road winning percentage was 43.2 percent. So it's pretty clear they played much better at the Vet than on the road. That is NOT the case with Lincoln Financial Field.
            --------

Comment

True - but how do we know it's a a stadium effect and not the Andy Reid effect?

Comment

The Eagles' home records and road records (regular season) under the FF were almost exactly the same. I think the Eagles had one more home win in 14 seasons. There were some real home game stinkers under the FF. They blew a lot of leads, right from jump street with a blown 21 point second half lead in the very first, and first home, game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                  True - but how do we know it's a a stadium effect and not the Andy Reid effect?
                  Gonna have to see how Harry does to get more data.

I guess you could make the argument that Reid (FF) got the team to play better on the road since the winning percentages at the Linc and the Vet are very close.

My personal belief is that the Eagles had a lot of really sucky teams during their tenure at the Vet but the Vet provided an advantage which did help to enable to overcome the overall sucktitude.

I'd have to calculate it but I'm pretty sure the Eagles overall combined home and away record has been better during their tenure at the Linc than it was at the Vet.
                  --------

Comment

In order for a home field advantage to be meaningful, you actually have to have a good team. Pretty much every season after 2004 the team has been mediocre at best. After 2005 or 06 is when FF should have been fired. The wheels started coming off then. Instead we got a slow, agonizing death.

Comment

2006, 2008 (NFC title game), 2009, 2010 ... mediocre at best?

Yeah ... ok.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

it's unfair to say that there was no home field advantage with FF without saying that FF was good on the road.

i also think that home field is the least important in football of all sports. there is always a week between games(sometimes 4 days, sometimes 10 days, sometimes two weeks), and there is always an equal chance of travel. any possible reasons for home field advantage in the NFL are less scientific than those in say, baseball, when you would expect a team to perform better during a long home stand than a long road trip.

Comment

I wasn't commenting on Reid.

And I disagree with you ... a good home field advantage makes a big difference in football.

The comparison of the Vet to the Stinc is stats in a vacuum and they wag the dog.

A bad team is going to lose a lot of games even if it has that advantage, so Reffypoo is a blind squirrel who found a nut to that extent.

However, he doesn't really know dick about this subject because he doesn't go to games.

People who've attended Eagles games for a long time at both venues know there is no comparison between the Vet and the Stinc ... the Vet was a nuthouse, the Stinc gets loud occasionally.

And we know this because we've been there.

More proof? I've yet to see a coach talk about the Stinc in the way Parcells and Jimmy Johnson talked about the Vet.
                          Last edited by slag; 06-15-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

It's been said here a million times. Completely different atmospheres. The linc is more or less a morgue compared to how the vet was.

Comment

Stats are stupid here.

You've been in both places ... that's how you tell.

What Kelly does is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X