Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see this Home Invasion in Millburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
    I feel bad for you gun nuts.
    You'd feel worse if that was your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
      your kid is 80% more likely to be shot because you have a gun in the house. I bet that gun makes you feel so safe!
      if that video is the alternative, I will take my chances with the gun.

Comment

Gun nut threads are money.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You would literally have to walk around in your house like this

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
            if that video is the alternative, I will take my chances with the gun.
            Higher chance child dies better bet than lower chance home is broken into. Sold!
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Gun nut threads = RATINGS!

I never felt the need to own a gun or a knife or anything like that. That's just me. I think the evening news has everyone thinking that it's all rampant. That's why I don't watch the news.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Gun nut threads are money.
                My work here is done.

Comment

I know for a fact that you have at least one gun

hypocrit!
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

and if there's no child in the house?

nm

Comment

Bwah! That's right. And I will do an.....

....Anton Chigurh with it on anyone that tries to f*ck with my civil liberties.

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                          nm
                          I'd consider that a safer scenario from the point of view that the victim of an accident/suicide/violent confrontation is more likely to be the actual gun owner than a child acting out of ignorance or curiosity.

If someone needs that desperately to break into my house, I would rather interact with them as little as possible - especially violent interaction. My possessions aren't that valuable to kill or be killed over. I don't have children and personally would not own a gun for home protection now or if/when I do have them. I'd protect myself through non-violent and non-confrontational deterrents. If I chose to own a firearm for recreational purposes (hunting, target shooting, etc.), it would most likely be locked up/disassembled in such a way that if someone were to break down my door I'd have little opportunity to even use it. However, realistically having a gun that accessible in what would likely be an emergency happening in a very short amount of time means that the gun would probably much more accessible to children.

Do I run the risk of getting into a showdown without a gun? Sure. But it's a very unlikely risk - less likely than a gun-related accident. Worrying more about the possible unlikely intruder than possible accidents is more dangerous in my opinion. But I understand that it's a counter-intuitive point though for many people who feel that having a gun in the home protect their family i.e. children. The risk that often comes to the forefront of one's mind is external risk, not internal.

Regardless, I'm not anti-gun. I don't think that private gun ownership should be totally abolished. But I do think some aspects of gun-culture in this country (and this species) are worrisome and the idea of having a gun at my side for protection is more foolhardy than vigilant. And I don't like the idea of broad conceal-carry permits so when I am out in public "good" people have more incentive to be armed and dangerous. There are plenty of "good" people that do stupid shit without having a gun at their side.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Diggle - almost everyone around here owns guns, and always have. It's a different culture, and there are some very big gun nuts around, but most are not, just regular people. there is no gun controversies here at all.
                            Owning guns does not make one a gun nut. here, guns are just a part of everyone's life. Lots of left wing liberals here even have guns in their vehicles. It's very common.
                            The Democratic Party here raffles a gun off every year.
                            Now - many, myself included, understand why more urban people are against guns.
                            But I also observe that many look at different cultures and accept their differences, so why can't they we have acceptable different cultures in the US as well?
                            I also understand the opinion that guns from some states can be utilized in others, and thus a wider law is needed. There are 2 sides to most issues, and all gun owners are not gun nuts. For many, they are just a part of life.
                            Here, and in many areas, guns are advertised for sale by individuals on the morning radio "swap shop" ads, in the paper, or wherever. Different cultures.

Comment

Way to go there IE!

Comment

I have no idea, but I do know that everyone I know, myself included, all (I do mean ALL) had guns at home with their kids there - unlocked! My kids were taught you don't touch guns. When in High School, the grandson would come out with his friends and shoot a lot of the time. My daughter, just visiting, shot 5 gophers at our house, because I don't like to and my wife won't either, and we are being overwhelmed by them.
                                Just different worlds.
                                That is all.
                                no person's opinion will ever be effected, adjusted or changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X