Here's how I think the QB thing is going to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's how I think the QB thing is going to go

Vick will be the opening day starter, miss his first game with an injury by week 5, at which time Barkley takes over. Foles will look good in preseason and be traded, Dixon goes from third string to backup.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

What?

I hate to tell you, but if Foles looks good he's getting this job.

Vick, in that case, is more likely to be traded.

And I hope that's more a statement about Foles than Vick.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I know all the blah,blah,blah about Vick fits best, and Barclay is in the wings, I don't buy it, I know it may not be the popular thing to say, but if Chippy is looking for somebody that can read and react, "at this level" he has to start Foles.

JMHO

Comment

Vicks best fit Is:

A Dog Collar!!!
        "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Igitis
          Last edited by slag; 07-27-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I've been rethinking this and maybe IG has an arguable point.

The front office might want Foles out of Barkley's way and they paid Vick some ching, so why not get some bang for the buck as a temporary bridge to Barkley.

Maybe Vick's mobility and arm gets them some wins and if they run enough option plays, he'll get hurt and Barkley is sitting there if they've shipped Foles out.

IDK if I buy it, but it's cynically possible.

Watch them implement this and then Foles goes somewhere and turns into the shizz.

Comment

George The Irish ersatz Jimmy The Greek.

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              Vick will be the opening day starter, miss his first game with an injury by week 5, at which time Barkley takes over. Foles will look good in preseason and be traded, Dixon goes from third string to backup.
              ersatz

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

The front office might want Foles out of Barkley's way and they paid Vick some ching, so why not get some bang for the buck as a temporary bridge to Barkley.

Maybe Vick's mobility and arm gets them some wins and if they run enough option plays, he'll get hurt and Barkley is sitting there if they've shipped Foles out.

IDK if I buy it, but it's cynically possible.

Watch them implement this and then Foles goes somewhere and turns into the shizz.

I guess I just don't get all of the MB hype, yeah, I know he is suppose to be good, but he has yet to take a snap in this league.

Hell, if you read his wiki bio he sounds like the love child of Bobby Hoying and Tim Tebow.

Your right Slag, my biggest issue with letting Foles go is that I really do believe he will be a winner in this league, he just has that same laid back, cool, attitude that Brady has, just never seems to get ruffled.

I would much rather see them let Vick go and keep the two young guns, at least at this time of rebuilding.
                JMHO
                Last edited by Eagle Road; 07-29-2013, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I like foles but i don't think he'll go anwhere and become the shit. small sample but gut feeling is he's gonna be an average pro/QB.

Now, if he stays in philly he'll be a HOF! dream team! all in!!

Comment

I don't think it's that cut and dry. Why would they not name Vick the starter already if they've written off Foles?

I think Foles will be the starter week one. Vick throws a nice ball but he's run out of second chances and this new regime don't owe him anything but a pay check.
                    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

If Foles was going to be traded...

It would have happened already.

Comment

Well, going down the conspiracy road, you let Foles play to show off his nunchuck and bowhunting skills ... and in hopes some team loses their qb in TC ... to get a better pick in return.

Comment

Well, going down the conspiracy road, you let Foles play to show off his nunchuck and bowhunting skills ... and in hopes some team loses their qb in TC ... to get a better pick in return.

I kinda see another issue, IF, just saying IF, they decided they were going to dump Vick,,, where would he go?

I just don't think that many teams are that enamored with him, so you keep him around waiting for a team that has injuries at that position and see what you can get?

I will be the first to admit though, that IF Vick has anything left, depending on what scheme CK winds up putting out there, it "could" be the best scenario that Vick has ever been in, hell they already paid the guy, might as well see if anything comes of it.

Comment

It's all going to come down to Vick IMO, and whether he plays badly enough for the front office to be more interested in eating 3.5 mil and not adding another 3.5 to that, or to pay the additional 3.5 (plus certain incentives) because they think he can actually win now.

As opposed to thinking Foles is better, or is close enough to make it smarter to eat the 3.5 they already paid and develop him and Barkley while not spending the other 3.5 (plus incentives).

Comment

That's a lot of reps to waste on a wing and a prayer.

In fact the other day some talking heads on the NFL Network were criticizing Kelly for wasting reps on a QB competition since there are far less Training Camp reps to go around nowadays. Basically, there is a contingent of analysts who believe that the Eagles will be in a state of disarray to start the season because they are installing an entirely new system and splitting first team reps between Vick and Foles.
                              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                              X