Maclin is replaceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    the only lock I see is Jackson, and potentially Cooper.
    Don't let it get you too down if Cooper gets cut. Darlings of previous regimes with limited histories of production in the NFL have very difficult times weathering change in this league.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

So I guess Jackson, Herremins and Peters are goners also?

Injuries, lesser production ... gone right?
      Last edited by slag; 07-28-2013, 12:01 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Maclin had more catches in his first four years on the eagles than any player in franchise history. Not like we lost Freddie Mitchell yesterday. Maclin is a pretty significant loss, especially at this stage.

Also, was a contract year for him. He would have played his goddamned ass off. Like his life depended on it. Think he would have had his best season just bc of that fact.

Hopefully Brandon Lloyd comes in. Might have some game left.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 07-28-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...-jeremy-maclin

Classy.

Edit: You guys are delusional about Maclin. Every team is not rolling with Julio Jones and Roddy White. Mac's a solid receiver and he's actually very good at getting open in the RZ.
          Last edited by Melchior; 07-28-2013, 12:32 PM.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Relax ... Predator gets his chance!

Comment

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN 36s
              Howie on why Eagles will likely promote from within instead of signing a big-name WR: “You want your young players to grow and develop...

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN 22s
              "and that’s why you keep young players on your roster. You look at the good teams in this league, that’s what they do with their players....

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN 1m
              "They develop them, they groom them, then they give them an opportunity. It doesn’t mean we’re not going to look for ways to improve....

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN 1m
              "At the end of the day, you have to show confidence in the players that you brought in.”

Last edited by Melchior; 07-28-2013, 12:46 PM.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Hahah... douchebitten

Always good for a laugh!
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

This is a football thread. Go ride your bike, nerd.
                  Last edited by Snakebitten; 07-28-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    Maclin had more catches in his first four years on the eagles than any player in franchise history. Not like we lost Freddie Mitchell yesterday. Maclin is a pretty significant loss, especially at this stage.

Also, was a contract year for him. He would have played his goddamned ass off. Like his life depended on it. Think he would have had his best season just bc of that fact.

Hopefully Brandon Lloyd comes in. Might have some game left.
                    Sorry, I have to disagree on his value. He's far from the best WR in franchise history!

I was not that impressed by him. I'm not panicking over the loss.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Zzzzzzz

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...-jeremy-maclin

Classy.

Edit: You guys are delusional about Maclin. Every team is not rolling with Julio Jones and Roddy White. Mac's a solid receiver and he's actually very good at getting open in the RZ.
                      I am reminded of this:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/hur...gers-se,30315/

Comment

See? Still obsessed

Bwaaahaha!
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Macklin is better than the Torrence Smalls and James Thrashs of the world, but his stats are a bit in the "tallest midget" area.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Macklin is better than the Torrence Smalls and James Thrashs of the world, but his stats are a bit in the "tallest midget" area.
                            This I agree with. He's better but not an order of magnitude better.

Is he really that much better than Todd Pinkston was?
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Nobody cares about your midlife crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                                Is he really that much better than Todd Pinkston was?
                                I get it's been a rough offseason here but some of these posts are very rusty. I'm hoping the kinks get worked out before the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X