Maclin is replaceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    I get it's been a rough offseason here but some of these posts are very rusty. I'm hoping the kinks get worked out before the season.
    Obviously you don't know (or forgot) slag's history of Todd Pinkston defense. Subtlety is not your forte.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Well apparently you do, as you read every OT post

Now how sad is that?? Hilarious!
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Looks like I have a few kinks to get out myself. I'll be ready to root against this team by the time the season starts. No worries. Hopefully, Johnny Manziel will continue to party his way down the draft board.

Comment

How many threads do you intend on killing? Do you have a goal? My god.

Comment

Actually, I think it was you who tried to kill the thread

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            How many threads do you intend on killing? Do you have a goal? My god.
            IE brought up the concept that Maclin is replaceable, people began to debate that assertion, and you tried to turn it into how much you want the team to lose.

Your one-track "mind" exposed yet again.

Comment

Says the guy who just posted a link from The Onion.

Comment

Macklin is a more all around receiver than Pinkson, but

more significantly, who has more Super Bowl rings?

Brian Dawkins for Sean Considine?
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

HAHAHA

Yeah 4 posts poking fun at douchebitten's "triumphant" return will kill the thread but 12 moronic posts from the village idiot will not? Can't make this up, boys and girls!
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    Yeah 4 posts poking fun at douchebitten's "triumphant" return will kill the thread but 12 moronic posts from the village idiot will not? Can't make this up, boys and girls!
                    He returned the same day that user Irvin88 returned to gloat about Maclin's injury.

And now that people are contending that Maclin is replaceable this snakebitten fucker appears to contend that Maclin is the Eagles best receiver.

The math is simple: douchebitten is a piece of shit is a Cowboys fan.
                    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Eagles wideouts in general are "meh". Desean has something like 6 tds the last two years combined and is basically useless in the redzone.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

What a bunch of crap.

If Maclin were so easily replaced, there would be more than 2 receivers in the past 15 years that you could say were better than him.

He had an off year last year because he missed so much time because of a bizarre health issue.

He was the most reliable receiver on the team, and one of the few receivers who caught TDs in the red zone.

There was some article a a couple years ago that mentioned there were only 4 receivers in NFL history (it could have been a smaller window of history, but Jerry Rice was on the list), who had a more productive start to their career than Maclin.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Bringing it strong! The ersatz Drama Queen!

Comment

All good points

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                            What a bunch of crap.

If Maclin were so easily replaced, there would be more than 2 receivers in the past 15 years that you could say were better than him.

He had an off year last year because he missed so much time because of a bizarre health issue.

He was the most reliable receiver on the team, and one of the few receivers who caught TDs in the red zone.

There was some article a a couple years ago that mentioned there were only 4 receivers in NFL history (it could have been a smaller window of history, but Jerry Rice was on the list), who had a more productive start to their career than Maclin.
                            But is he irreplaceable? Or can his production be replaced?

Comment

Physically, yes, someone else will play his position this year. No chance they come close to doing what he can do there.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                                I've never been a big fan of him. He's not terrible, but he's nothing special either.

He reminds me of the Small-Johnson type receivers we used to complain about when McNabb was in his prime. OK but not great.
                                I think he's definitely a step above that and was looking forward to seeing him play this year. Much as I like DeSean's ability to stretch the field, Maclin has been a more complete player -- and has more of the blocking ability Kelly seems to value in his receivers.

I'm interested to see how Benn performs when he comes back and if he's able to stay on the field. I think he's got the ability to be a sleeper.

Maclin's injury might not end up being a huge deal if Kelly intends to use his tight ends the way the signing of Casey and drafting of Ertz seem to indicate, though. If Kelly is going to be pushing the pace the way we all think he will, you can't really substitute. Tight ends you can move around and big receivers make that easier.

-AE

Comment

Working...
                                X