Personally Im tired of all this fucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    so jackson being trolled excuses jackson for being a homophobe? same thing with cooper...you have to know where you are, who you are and who you are talking to...and if you say it you probably mean it.
    If you had read my post I specifically said it doesn't excuse Jackson for what he said. In fact Jackson was dumber than Cooper because he said what he did into a radio microphone.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
      Go fuck yourselves I am not. I have a multi racial family. I grew at 49th and Locust. What im saying is that we all make mistakes. Like you all never used that word at one time in your life. Just like most blacks have used the word Cracker. It is just a word but you politically correct people elevate it to a whole new level. I know i have used the N word, I once was racist because i was raised by parents that were racist to a certain extent. I would never use that word now and I am sensitive to it but to have a lynch mob over its use is absurd.

The players know this guy. If he is a racist asshole they will take care of it. If he isnt and let a word slip maybe even not being directed at blacks well then it will fade away. Let the players deal with it. I hope the

I say leave it up to the team. Not some asswipe like Marcus Vick, or the lynch mob on this board.
      I get what you're saying, but I think the "well such and such says this so it's not a big deal" is a weak rationalization.

Lots of people used to do lots of things that aren't acceptable behavior - but much of what convinces people to even look at their actions is the fact that others are disgusted by them.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

You ? Racist ? I'm shocked.

Go fuck yourselves I am not. I have a multi racial family. I grew at 49th and Locust. What im saying is that we all make mistakes. Like you all never used that word at one time in your life. Just like most blacks have used the word Cracker. It is just a word but you politically correct people elevate it to a whole new level. I know i have used the N word, I once was racist because i was raised by parents that were racist to a certain extent. I would never use that word now and I am sensitive to it but to have a lynch mob over its use is absurd.

The players know this guy. If he is a racist asshole they will take care of it. If he isnt and let a word slip maybe even not being directed at blacks well then it will fade away. Let the players deal with it. I hope the

I say leave it up to the team. Not some asswipe like Marcus Vick, or the lynch mob on this board.
        I hate this whole "Black people say cracker" angle. When was the word cracker ever associated with the systematic oppression of an entire group of people ?? I'll wait for your answer. Oh, and while I'm waiting for that, why don't you find me an instance where a White person has used that word in regards to a Black person, in any way other than to demean, belittle, or make that Black person feel less that human. I'll start the clock....
        Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          If you had read my post I specifically said it doesn't excuse Jackson for what he said. In fact Jackson was dumber than Cooper because he said what he did into a radio microphone.
          ah, sorry about that. don't get your panties in a bunch.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Is that reference misogynistic or homophobic?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by tjl88 View Post
              That's not a good way to look at this. Racism is racism, no one should get a pass. Especially a guy as unlikeable as Kooper.
              Who said he should get a pass? A fine and an apology is appropriate for an isolated incident.

That said, no, not all racism is the same. Some racism is backed by centuries of institutional legal oppression and present day systemic social and legal issues. The difference in the impact on populations of that sort of racism is plain.

Black people are more likely to be arrested even for crimes white people commit more. Using a name associated with black culture makes it less likely you will get a call back for a job interview even with identical credentials. Black kids sleeping in a car are more likely to have 911 called on them then white kids vandalizing a car.

So no, being called "cracker" while the crackers hold disproportionate amounts of wealth and power is not just the same as using the n-word against a group that suffered centuries of official persecution that has echoes we have not yet erased from present society.

Calling someone a cracker is rude and should not be done, but it is not perpetuating a system of oppression.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                Who said he should get a pass? A fine and an apology is appropriate for an isolated incident.

That said, no, not all racism is the same. Some racism is backed by centuries of institutional legal oppression and present day systemic social and legal issues. The difference in the impact on populations of that sort of racism is plain.

Black people are more likely to be arrested even for crimes white people commit more. Using a name associated with black culture makes it less likely you will get a call back for a job interview even with identical credentials. Black kids sleeping in a car are more likely to have 911 called on them then white kids vandalizing a car.

So no, being called "cracker" while the crackers hold disproportionate amounts of wealth and power is not just the same as using the n-word against a group that suffered centuries of official persecution that has echoes we have not yet erased from present society.

Calling someone a cracker is rude and should not be done, but it is not perpetuating a system of oppression.
                Please don't try to tell me that racism isn't a, no pun intended, black and white issue. We all know that they're no shades of gray or subtle aspects to it that are often overlooked.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

. I would never use that word now and I am sensitive to it but to have a lynch mob over its use is absurd.
                  You are so incredibly, obliviously stupid.

Comment

touche.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Time for some humor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ
                      Last edited by PackWest; 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

If he isnt and let a word slip maybe even not being directed at blacks..
                        Jesus christ...if you want to be a dumbshit...can you at least be informed with all the facts?

He admitted it was directed at a black security guard.

Comment

Your subject line was misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post

So under these terms, there is no word a black American can use that can be as racist as the n-word.

The words may have different meanings but racism is racism.
                            It IS About Me Asshole
                            -----------------------
                            Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

Hahah... I was just gonna post the same thing

false advertising!
                              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by tjl88 View Post
                                So under these terms, there is no word a black American can use that can be as racist as the n-word.

The words may have different meanings but racism is racism.
                                "A punch is a punch"

Yeah, in some ways. Don't go around punching people for no reason. But you have to be willfully and intentionally dense to think a punch from Mike Tyson is the same as a punch from Steve Urkel. Relative power matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X