Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get where you're coming from

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
    Go fuck yourselves I am not. I have a multi racial family. I grew at 49th and Locust. What im saying is that we all make mistakes. Like you all never used that word at one time in your life. Just like most blacks have used the word Cracker. It is just a word but you politically correct people elevate it to a whole new level. I know i have used the N word, I once was racist because i was raised by parents that were racist to a certain extent. I would never use that word now and I am sensitive to it but to have a lynch mob over its use is absurd.

The players know this guy. If he is a racist asshole they will take care of it. If he isnt and let a word slip maybe even not being directed at blacks well then it will fade away. Let the players deal with it. I hope the

I say leave it up to the team. Not some asswipe like Marcus Vick, or the lynch mob on this board.
    And I agree that people have blown this out of proportion. Still, the fact that you would equate n***** with cracker shows that you have no understanding of the meaning/implications of that word.

Comment

Political Correctness. It it was a black man using the word cracker no one would have said a thing. People make mistakes. Marcus Vick should be put in jail for offering a bounty on Cooper.
      I hope you never plan on leaving Iowa or even the comfort of your own home, then. It's not really about being pc, it's about not being an asshole and extending people some basic human courtesy. I hear this quite a lot from people, and I wonder how this view holds up when you are not in your own familiar environment. Run that "I ain't gonna be PEE CEE"outside of your house in Iowa and you would get your shit pushed in hard.

Comment

There's a dark place on the soul of anyone who would use that word the way Cooper did.

And, unfortunately, I don't buy that he didn't hear that word all the time in his home. My father, who refers to Florida as a shit state, is consistently astounded by the casual racism he sees in Florida. He lives in Sebring, right in the middle of the state, so maybe things are different elsewhere.

Comment

iowaeagle's right, fuck all of you idiots, specially you George, you whining bitch

Comment

Originally posted by NcEaglesfan View Post
            I hope you never plan on leaving Iowa or even the comfort of your own home, then. It's not really about being pc, it's about not being an asshole and extending people some basic human courtesy. I hear this quite a lot from people, and I wonder how this view holds up when you are not in your own familiar environment. Run that "I ain't gonna be PEE CEE"outside of your house in Iowa and you would get your shit pushed in hard.
            1. I used to live in Iowa. I was there about ten years I live in Fort Lauderdale Florida now.
            2. I grew up at 49th and Locust Philly Pa lived there till age 11. Had many black friends never used that word though as i said my father being from Iowa did use it a lot. Thankfully as he aged he matured and was as repulsed in his later years.
            3.I can not say I havent used the word in the past my teen years in suburban Philly - Ridley Twp. I matured and during HS developed more black friends when Morton merged with Ridley in fact some of my best friends were black. I from hs on I can not remember ever using this word.
            4. I attended Temple University commuting on the subway but developed a number of great black friends that I still maintain contact with. As far whatever PEE CEE means I bet you would wet your pants at midnight in some of the neighborhoods I was welcomed during my college years.
            5. What im trying to say is this is blown out of proportion. The public lynching of Cooper is beyond the crime. We all make mistakes and yes i will stand by what I said before most everyone on this board has used that word in anger during their lifetime. Most im sure after using it regret it.
            6. Perhaps you are so perfect. Im not - and i have no problem admitting it. I make mistakes and when I do i try to learn from them and if possible ask for forgiveness. The press is making this a drama because they love drama. This is between Cooper, God and his teammates. Im sure Cooper has learned a big lesson as have his teammates.
            7. As far as putting a bounty on someone that is borderline criminal and I stand by that.
            8. What the hell does this mean ( Run that "I ain't gonna be PEE CEE"outside of your house in Iowa and you would get your shit pushed in hard) please I need a translation.
            Last edited by iowaigglefan; 08-02-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philly's Best View Post
              iowaeagle's right, fuck all of you idiots, specially you George, you whining bitch
              You gonna buy one of the new Cooper jerseys?

Comment

1. I used to live in Iowa. I was there about ten years I live in Fort Lauderdale Florida now.
                2. I grew up at 49th and Locust Philly Pa lived there till age 11. Had many black friends never used that word though as i said my father being from Iowa did use it a lot. Thankfully as he aged he matured and was as repulsed in his later years.
                3.I can not say I havent used the word in the past my teen years in suburban Philly - Ridley Twp. I matured and during HS developed more black friends when Morton merged with Ridley in fact some of my best friends were black. I from hs on I can not remember ever using this word.
                4. I attended Temple University commuting on the subway but developed a number of great black friends that I still maintain contact with. As far whatever PEE CEE means I bet you would wet your pants at midnight in some of the neighborhoods I was welcomed during my college years.
                5. What im trying to say is this is blown out of proportion. The public lynching of Cooper is beyond the crime. We all make mistakes and yes i will stand by what I said before most everyone on this board has used that word in anger during their lifetime. Most im sure after using it regret it.
                6. Perhaps you are so perfect. Im not - and i have no problem admitting it. I make mistakes and when I do i try to learn from them and if possible ask for forgiveness. The press is making this a drama because they love drama. This is between Cooper, God and his teammates. Im sure Cooper has learned a big lesson as have his teammates.
                7. As far as putting a bounty on someone that is borderline criminal and I stand by that.
                8. What the hell does this mean ( Run that "I ain't gonna be PEE CEE"outside of your house in Iowa and you would get your shit pushed in hard) please I need a translation.
                Generic itemized response:
                1. Ok.
                2. Kudos to your father.
                3. Sigh, not the "But, but, I have black friends!!!!" thing. C'mon man.
                4. You went to Temple and are incapable of determining the meaning of a term based on context? So you got a hood pass, that's nice. I wonder how not being politically correct would go over in these urine inducing neighborhoods?
                5. Riley Cooper is a dumbass, plain and simple. Can't argue with your other point but let's not go overboard with the all-inclusive language. The "everyone else has done it too!" excuse stops working after age 9.
                6. Good for you, I never asked for or claimed perfection. I'm sure Cooper is contrite, but the fact of the matter is this occurred a while back and has turned into a shit storm that may cost him employment with his current team, and future opportunities elsewhere.
                7. Marcus Vick is a waste of sperm, so can't argue with you there. I know Mike Vick wishes he would just shut the fuck up.
                8. You are apparently a man that has intellectual capability, so again see my comments for point number 4.

Again, I dislike the term "politically correct", but it does have a place in our society. Saying "I'm tired of being pc (see what I did there?)" evokes the same emotions as hearing "I wish (enter your ethnicity of choice) would get over this racism thing, no one is racist these days." Dream on.

Comment

Again, I dislike the term "politically correct", but it does have a place in our society. Saying "I'm tired of being pc (see what I did there?)" evokes the same emotions as hearing "I wish (enter your ethnicity of choice) would get over this racism thing, no one is racist these days." Dream on.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you are perfect. Your opinion is perfect. You are just an over all perfect person. You are right the press and this board and all Eagles fans should call for Coopers head on a platter. Your right label him a racist the rest of his life. Remove him from the team because this went public. But I do not -- sorry if I have an opinion.

And you are right i didn't need to put all that in a response. I felt I had to because some idiot was painting me a racist because I had an opinion he didn't agree with. That simply this whole incident was way over blown by press and thus fans that hang on every word of most of drama queen sports press out there.

I agree 100% what he said was ugly and stupid. I also agree the man may need something like AA if the binge drinking is a regular thing. But I also believe in forgiveness and I believe the bigger person is the one that forgives. Like I said before I hope this is a learning experience for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X