Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles are stupid if they don't bring in a FA wide receiver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Maclin is replaceale, so replace him.

Cooper is a D bag, so cut him.

Bring in another WR. Doesn't have to be Brandon Lloyd.
    Realistically, are they contending for a SB next year? While I expect them to go all the way every year, at the very least they aren't "all in" this year. So why bring in someone with no potential who isn't going to be any better than the scrub he has been - Why not give a younger guy already on the roster the opportunity to play and make a name for himself? A trade would be interesting, but I think it would be pointless to sign one of the bum WRs still on the market...
    Last edited by ishimonster; 08-04-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      The only one on the list that is mildly intriguing is Laurent Robinson, and I say now way. He stinks. He had one good year in Dallas, but otherwise, he's been pretty bad. I got to watch him a lot for a season, and he was really, REALLY bad.
      I always thought Robiskie was a decent player. He can probably be had for a vet minimum contract. Jones and Stroughter look like guys the Eagles could get production out of.

I hear what people are saying about guys who get cut but I feel that you can always sign a guy from that list and then cut him if someone more appealing turns up on the ww in a few weeks.

Either way, right now the Eagles have three receivers they can depend on for 2013 and they absolutely need a guy with a bit of size.
      Last edited by J_Cuz31; 08-04-2013, 05:20 PM.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Michael Jenkins?

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        I always thought Robiskie was a decent player. He can probably be had for a vet minimum contract. Jones and Stroughter look like guys the Eagles could get production out of.

I hear what people are saying about guys who get cut but I feel that you can always sign a guy from that list and then cut him if someone more appealing turns up on the ww in a few weeks.

Either way, right now the Eagles have three receivers they can depend on for 2013 and they absolutely need a guy with a bit of size.
        Rumors have him fallimg further on the Pats' pecking order, the Eagles and Pats practice together and play each other this week.

Not impressive, but has NFL experience and isn't waiting at home for a call...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          Maclin is replaceale, so replace him.
          T.O.??? Ocho Cinco??? Moss???

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            ... they absolutely need a guy with a bit of size.
            Momah - 6-7 - 230

Benn - 6-1- 215

Salas - 6-2 - 209

Sheperd - 6-1 - 195

you were saying?

Comment

I think he meant they need a guy with size who can make an NFL roster. Benn is the only one who has proven capable of that, and he's hurt.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                Momah - 6-7 - 230

Benn - 6-1- 215

Salas - 6-2 - 209

Sheperd - 6-1 - 195

you were saying?
                Hahahaha! That's EXACTLY what I was saying. You made my point that they only have three NFL level receivers on roster.

I would love for one of those players to show himself capable of being an NFL level player but it's highly unlikely.

An NFL Executive worth his salt is already confronting the cold reality that all the names listed above are camp bodies who would be calling back home with shouts of joy if they so much as made the taxi squad.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  I think he meant they need a guy with size who can make an NFL roster. Benn is the only one who has proven capable of that, and he's hurt.
                  Nobody in history made an NFL roster until they did.

Much prefer taking a chance on the young guys already here. If they can swing a trade for a better player, then do it. Otherwise, the stiffs currently on the street aren't worth a second thought. Maybe in a few weeks someone more talented will get cut.

The guy Sheperd looks like maybe he has something. Not worth it to squash him before he even has a chance to prove himself in an actual game...pre-season or not. If it turns out he sucks, then sign one of the stiffs. It's not like those players are going anywhere.

edited to add that Cooper is likely going to find his way back onto the roster anyway. For better or worse, I think the Eagles would have already cut him if they were going to. One way he won't is if Sheperd, Benn, or Momah start to look like real players.
                  Last edited by The Ref; 08-04-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                    the stiffs currently on the street aren't worth a second thought.
                    Sure buddy. The Eagles who went 4-12 last season have a stable of better wide receivers, mostly undrafted rookies and free agents, who are clearly better than whats on the street. Meanwhile, the 49ers, who went to the Super Bowl last season, already signed TWO stiffs on that list, while the Titans, who already boast Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Justin Hunter, and Damian Williams on their roster, just worked out Donald Jones because Kevin Walter is injured. Also, the Saints are trying out Laurent Robinson despite the arsenal of weapons they have in the passing game.

Your completely irrational exuberance for the potential of Eagles' camp bodies at receiver only demonstrates a deep naiveté about the mechanics of the NFL and a line of apology for a GM who deserves no quarter for his negligence on this matter.

Lastly, I don't see how anyone can support the notion that Howie Roseman is refusing to so much as consider signing a guy for the vet minimum to insure the roster against the strong possibility that he doesn't have the talent necessary, at wide receiver, to compete in the NFL. We'd all like for the Eagles to stumble upon the next Victor Cruz but to refuse to acknowledge the probability that this isn't gonna happen is ridiculous.
                    Last edited by J_Cuz31; 08-05-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X