Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you compare what Kelly has to start with with what Reid (FF) had to start with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you compare what Kelly has to start with with what Reid (FF) had to start with

the difference is sickening.

Reid (FF) had guys like Dawkins, Vincent, Trotter to work with on the D side of the ball.

He had the fortune of being able to draft McNabb and to sign Runyan to anchor the right side of the OL for years.

Now that he has left the Eagles in ruins, I expect Reid (FF) to have the same trajectory in KC. A lot of playoff success but no Super Bowls.

The time for the Giant Forehead to have gotten rid of Reid (FF) was YEARS ago. Now the franchise and the fans (notice I didn't say we) are paying the price.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Kelly has DJax, McCoy, Brown, Peters, Celek, Herremans (who might have seen his better days), Vick and Foles. Vick is no spring chicken but he's no Doug Pederson, either. Runyan wasnt signed until Reid's 2nd year, and he anchored the right side. He had Tra Thomas on the left. So basically, they're in the same situation only on the other side of the ball. Kelly has drafted Johnson who could anchor either side for years to come. Reid also had Duce to spearhead his running game.

Comment

Why did this topic peak your interest?

Comment

Sweet, sweet validation of everything I said for years

Finally the proof is here. Reid (FF) should have been gone YEARS ago. I was right and the FF felatiators were WRONG. bwahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
          Kelly has DJax, McCoy, Brown, Peters, Celek, Herremans (who might have seen his better days), Vick and Foles. Vick is no spring chicken but he's no Doug Pederson, either. Runyan wasnt signed until Reid's 2nd year, and he anchored the right side. He had Tra Thomas on the left. So basically, they're in the same situation only on the other side of the ball. Kelly has drafted Johnson who could anchor either side for years to come. Reid also had Duce to spearhead his running game.
          I think Reid (FF) had a much better roster to work with when he came in that Kelly did.

That's no excuse for Kelly sucking (if he does)... It's more just noting how Reid (FF) did so little with so much and run the Eagles into the ground.

Let's face it, Reid (FF) left this team completely talent depleted, Oh, and JoeLo had a lot to do with it as well. I only can hope that Howie wasn't to tied in with those guys.
          --------

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            Finally the proof is here. Reid (FF) should have been gone YEARS ago. I was right and the FF felatiators were WRONG. bwahahaha!
            Yes, you were correct. The Eagles would be better off today if Reid (FF) had been fired years ago.

No doubt.
            --------

Comment

They were so talented, yet they could only win 3 games in 1998. The 98 team was one of the worst teams we ever had and got punked week in and week out.

Reid and the Eagles needed to part way and that happened.

You retards can't grasp the fact that every coach before Reid won less games and had a worse winning %. The run the Eagles had with Reid was the best run this franchise has seen in the last 50 years.

Idiots.

Comment

Reid did so little?

His team was a legit contender for about 10 of his 14 years.

And he ran the defense into the ground ... seems to me the Eagles are a healthy Maclin and solid NFL quarterback away from a Super Bowl calibre offense.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You know as well as I do, anytime someone disparages the fat fuck butt munch buk is here for his defense.
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Reid did so little?

His team was a legit contender for about 10 of his 14 years.

And he ran the defense into the ground ... seems to me the Eagles are a healthy Maclin and solid NFL quarterback away from a Super Bowl calibre offense.
                    So two players on offense and the entire defense are what stands between the Eagles and being an SB contender.

Really Reid (FF) ran this team into the ground. I hate to bring up his family issues but I think somehow it played into his failure here.

Never liked the guy and I still don't like him.
                    --------

Comment

He generally only responds to silly blanket indictments.

Reid should have won at least one Super Bowl and he will forever be a shitbag to me for not making a stud WR a priorty.

And appointing Castilleo the DC is perhaps the most mind-bogglingly stupid thing I've ever seen an NFL coach do.

But one cannot look at the numbers and call him a piece of shit who did nothing blah blah blah.

Stirs a nice pot, though.

Comment

Love how FFFluffers twist words

Originally posted by The Ump View Post
                        They were so talented, yet they could only win 3 games in 1998. The 98 team was one of the worst teams we ever had and got punked week in and week out.

Reid and the Eagles needed to part way and that happened.

You retards can't grasp the fact that every coach before Reid won less games and had a worse winning %. The run the Eagles had with Reid was the best run this franchise has seen in the last 50 years.

Idiots.
                        Nobody ever said anything about the talent level on the roster equating to wins in 1998. Rhodes made a double-bad move of employing the Hoying-Bible offense, coupled with his weekly "rape and pillage" motivational speeches. And it was as equally awful as the 2012 season under FF.

One of the points being made here is that Reid should have been fired after the sub-par seasons of 2007 or 2009 when it was evident he was on a major downward spiral. Lurie's failure to do so has set the franchise back big time.

Comment

Not the entire defense, but they need more beef up front and a new secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            One of the points being made here is that Reid should have been fired after the sub-par seasons of 2007 or 2009 when it was evident he was on a major downward spiral. Lurie's failure to do so has set the franchise back big time.
                            Exactly.
                            --------

Comment

I love how people use stats for their own purposes but come up with ways to twist them in an attempt to insult those who use them for theirs.

And, by your logic, Reid left studs behind who just played shitty under Castilleo and the cast of disfunction thereafter.
                              Last edited by slag; 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X