Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you compare what Kelly has to start with with what Reid (FF) had to start with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't consider you a fluffer

Originally posted by slag View Post
    I love how people use stats for their own purposes but comes up with ways to twist them in an attempt to insult those who use them for theirs.

And, by your logic, Reid left studs behind who just played shitty under Castilleo and the cast of disfunction thereafter.
    Whether it was Reid's inability to find the right pieces (coaching and/or players) on defense surrounding JJ's passing or to move beyond a McNabb pass-happy offense, it was time for him to go after 2007 or 2009.

Lurie didn't pull the trigger and the team caught lightning in a bottle in both 2008 and 2010 (to Reid's credit), providing multiple fool's gold seasons from during which Reid employed the Klob Area, the Vick $100 million extension, the Dream Team, and Castilleo.

All fireable offenses.

Comment

Reid's hand picked choice for that solid NFL quarterback was Kevin Kolb.

Comment

Andy was not a closer. That was his greatest fault.

Comment

There is little or no difference on the O side of the ball. If Chip ball doesn't work , it a mistake to blame it on the offense roster. Players won't get better with this. They either make it work right or its a failed concept in the NFL where thet aren't running chip ball against a defense made up of future gym teachers.

Rebuilding, FF, whatever the excuse du jour wll be to give chip a free ride....it won't work. He either is successful with his gimmicks or he is a failure. A different roster won't help him if this offense can't get it done. And look at the Harbraugh brothers and the attitude they bring to their teams ....look at Chip who thinks contact leads to bad things. We are the leagues pussies.

Comment

Since nothing anyone here can say will dissuade you from your aggressive asininity, I've chosen instead to put a Silician curse on you.

And if you think I'm joking, I'll tell you a story about why there's no longer an Arthur Anderson CPAs.

Comment

FF felators... bwaaaa

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
              Finally the proof is here. Reid (FF) should have been gone YEARS ago. I was right and the FF felatiators were WRONG. bwahahaha!
              Yes!
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                the difference is sickening.

Reid (FF) had guys like Dawkins, Vincent, Trotter to work with on the D side of the ball.

He had the fortune of being able to draft McNabb and to sign Runyan to anchor the right side of the OL for years.

Now that he has left the Eagles in ruins, I expect Reid (FF) to have the same trajectory in KC. A lot of playoff success but no Super Bowls.

The time for the Giant Forehead to have gotten rid of Reid (FF) was YEARS ago. Now the franchise and the fans (notice I didn't say we) are paying the price.
                Andy made some mistakes - but what really fucked his team was 5 - that piece of shit peaked early never attempted to improve, instead played with dog toys in Arizona every off season. Andy is soft and that will be the reason he never wins a Super Bowl as coach.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  Since nothing anyone here can say will dissuade you from your aggressive asininity, I've chosen instead to put a Silician curse on you.

And if you think I'm joking, I'll tell you a story about why there's no longer an Arthur Anderson CPAs.
                  I'm headed out on an overnight charter boat out of Avalon to the high seas. It's not very nice to put a curse on me now. Can it wait till Monday?

Comment

Get the fuck out of here.

You can't throw in Brown, Celek and Herremans and say they compare to quality inherited by Reid. Herremans would be demoted if there was a decent guard on the team to take his place. Brown is nice, but he's a role player. Celek isn't even in the top 10-15 TE's in the league.

Off topic: Herremans is having a poor fuckin' pre-season and Mathis had a bad game against the Jaguars. It's worth noting... I think Mathis is a 9 year vet.

Comment

Did anyone consider the defense Rhodes left talented at the time? Could be but I don't remember that. Maybe the credit goes to Reid and Johnson for getting the most out of the roster. Kelly and Davis should be able to do something similar. There have to be a few solid players to build around. Reid made a great free agent signing in Emmons.

The defense lost its way after JJ died. I dont see any reason a good coach can't turn it around. However I doubt Billy Davis is the guy considering his resume of failures.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Hard to believe you left off the best player Reid inherited. 1998 1st rounder, Tra Thomas. Tra was a bookend Left Tackle who was far better over his career than Jon Runyan. Fans loved Runyan because he played like a dick. Dirty. But he never sniffed a pro bowl for a reason. He wasn't as good as fans like to remember. Tra was a good one... for real.

re: Trotter and Dawkins -- nobody had any inkling that either one of them were going to turn out to be great in 1999. Vincent, yes. Shut down corner.

No telling how some of the current young guys are going to turn out. One thing's for certain, Kelly has inherited a couple of true game changers on offense -- Jackson, McCoy, Vick, and Peters.

Overall, I'd say FF inherited less in 1999 than Kelly did in 2013. But FF inherited a lot more in 2013 in KC than Kelly has in Philly. FF inherited playoff talent in the midwest and playing in a weak AFC West.

Comment

Bad on his feet.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He liked Klob so much they signed Vick.

Comment

Please, counselor. Did or did he not choose Kolb in the second round of the 2007 draft with the intent of having Kolb succeed McNabb (whenever)?

Getting Vick two years later is irrelevant to the answer to that question.

Who did McNabb get pulled for at halftime of the Baltimore game in 2008? Who subbed for McNabb in weeks 1-3 of 2009 when McNabb was injured? Who was given the starter's job out of camp in 2010 after McNabb was let go?

Comment

He drafted a guy.

He tried to develop him.

He signed Vick as insurance.

Down on my list of reasons to hate.
                                Last edited by slag; 08-31-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X