No announcement yet.

Chip may not be High School Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i was vague and that 15 yard assessment was after vick's walk in TD. And it was so GD stupid. it probably made no difference since SD could get 15 yards at will, it just pissed me off that he'd do that in that situation.

this O will have to average 35 a game to have a winnign record this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      yeah, i was vague and that 15 yard assessment was after vick's walk in TD. And it was so GD stupid. it probably made no difference since SD could get 15 yards at will, it just pissed me off that he'd do that in that situation.

this O will have to average 35 a game to have a winnign record this year.
      The way the defense played all game, SD could have started inside their 5 and still driven 95 yards in 2 minutes to win the game. They weren't going to stop the Chargers no matter where they started. Rivers completed almost 80 percent of his passes. That's ridiculous!

For that matter, even if the Eagles had scored a TD there at the end, they would have only been up by 4. No way they were going to keep SD out of the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
        The way the defense played all game, SD could have started inside their 5 and still driven 95 yards in 2 minutes to win the game. They weren't going to stop the Chargers no matter where they started. Rivers completed almost 80 percent of his passes. That's ridiculous!

For that matter, even if the Eagles had scored a TD there at the end, they would have only been up by 4. No way they were going to keep SD out of the end zone.
        I think they could have kept SD out of the endzone if they had forced them to burn their timeouts and had taken more time off the clock. SD was abusing the Eagles D in the middle of the field all day. Would have been better to force them to work the sidelines with less time left.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Ells and ref - I hear what you guys are saying. SD would have scored on the drive after vick ran it in no matter what. But had SD started at their own 20 they would have used a couple more minutes, in which case the iggles end up with the last possession.

Hypotheticals would cause the entire game to be played differently, but Desean's penalty was stupid and impacted the game.

Comment

Working...
          X