Look at Ryan Grigson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at Ryan Grigson

Fleecing teams and shit. It's all good though, we have Howie !!!
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

I think fleece is a little strong here. He gave up a first rounder for a running back that has 3 100 yard games in 17 starts, and a 3.5 ypc.

Granted he was behind a very bad offensive line.

Comment

Cleveland's o-line is better than Indy's. The difference is Indy has Luck and a passing game, Cleveland does not (at all).

Teams just flooded the box against the Browns, that won't happen in Indy.

Comment

I'm sure he will be better in Indy than he was in Cleveland because of Luck, but I still don't think he was worth a 1st rounder. I understand Browns fans being upset, but Grigson didn't "fleece" them by any stretch IMO.

Comment

I think he's much better

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
          I'm sure he will be better in Indy than he was in Cleveland because of Luck, but I still don't think he was worth a 1st rounder. I understand Browns fans being upset, but Grigson didn't "fleece" them by any stretch IMO.
          Than you're giving him credit for, and I stand by my assessment that the Browns got fleeced, because they could have kept Richardson and still gotten the high 1st round pick that they're obviously positioning themselves for.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't understand the trade. The extra 1st rounder isn't going to get them from #2 to #1 with the Jags sucking balls like they do. Why would you trade away a good RB when you're trying to draft a QB. You're going to want your rookie QB to be able to lean on a running game. Whatever.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

QB heavy draft ... allows them to package and move up if they need to.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Johnny Football: come on down!

which QB's life will the Brownies ruin? Mariota? Hundley? Taj Boyd? who will it be? I guess "Hundley" goes 2nd overall to Cleveland and has his pro dreams crushed instantly.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

They're going to have the #3 pick at worst. Who's going to trade down with them? The Jags won't. Tampa won't. I don't understand the need for additional 1st rounders at the expense of a good-great RB that you spent a #3 overall on.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Guess we'll see, there aren't many running backs that are worth a 1st round pick. I think Richardson is in the overwhelming majority of backs that are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      They're going to have the #3 pick at worst. Who's going to trade down with them? The Jags won't. Tampa won't. I don't understand the need for additional 1st rounders at the expense of a good-great RB that you spent a #3 overall on.
                      The team to focus on here is the San Francisco 49ers. With a late first round pick and two second round picks in the 2014 NFL Draft they are ripe for the picking by Joe Banner. You know this guy is already desperate to turn that mid-first round selection he obtained from Indy into two second round picks so he can start to apply the recipe for mediocrity he perfected in Philadelphia to his new team.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                      X