No announcement yet.

Just Back from the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get your point but they aren't going anywhere with that defense. Foles also didn't have mccoy or jackson for a good but last year.

I'm resigning myself to watching Vick for a while this year.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Sounds like what I'm often saying, along with the other guys, in my section at the Stink.
      Yeah, that's no good.

Vick doesn't appear to be the ideal guy, but maybe Kelly isn't any more confident in his other options.

No bye until Week 12, so I don't know if Kelly would make a change before that. I'm not convinced either of his other options are all that great (I don't know if Foles is really capable of doing it or if Barkley can take it on as a rookie).

Draft will be interesting this year, for sure.

-AE

Comment

Like... if they go with foles or barkley sand they blow... then you go qb....but if pleasantly surprised... then you go d.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Foles can't hit the same windows Vick can, but I really think he sees more than Vick does.
          That's my impression, too. Vick has one of the best arms in the league.

I don't know that Barkley's arm is any worse than Foles. Maybe not quite as strong, but I think, with a little more experience, he'll be an better decision-maker than Foles.

It's hard to win in this league without a top-flight QB. That's just the reality of it. I'll continue to believe the QB of the future is playing on Saturdays now. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles take somebody in the second round. Manziel if he slides.

-AE

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
            Not like the Eagles are going to make a stunning comeback this year.

Ed Snider with the best team in Philly, and they aren't even that good...
            Honestly, they have a great chance to be 3-3 in a couple weeks. They've had defensive issues and if they can get just a LITTLE better on that side of the ball, they could be a playoff team.

More broadly, though, you do have a point. Even if they have a respectable season with Vick starting 16 games, his contract is up at the end of the year. Not ideal for building for the future.

-AE

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Eagles are only one game behind in the division. I don't think Kelly is going to throw the towel in yet. Vick is their best QB. Sure Foles would be different but he's not the long term answer either so why bother? He didn't win shit last year. No reason to think he would this year.

If they get to 2-6 then maybe I make the change. No way next week.
              How the FUCK do you know Foles would't see open wrs?
              Vick is their best qb because you think so, you are comical.

Didnt win shit last year. He had a worse defense and shit for an offensive line.

Vick is was and always will be a Dog killing turd. Face it -- AND NO IM NOT FUCKING RACIST!

Actually having Vick start now makes sense. Let Foles sit and watch what not to do to prepare him for maybe the final 4 games. I would hold off on Foles as long as i could to try and secure the best draft picks next off season.

Comment

Let us know, its not like seeing it live when we see receivers running in the open and vick does not.
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Eagles are only one game behind in the division. I don't think Kelly is going to throw the towel in yet. Vick is their best QB. Sure Foles would be different but he's not the long term answer either so why bother? He didn't win shit last year. No reason to think he would this year.

If they get to 2-6 then maybe I make the change. No way next week.

How would you ever know this until he is put in a game before it becomes out of reach, and is allowed to play with the same personal?

I don't care who was playing on Denver's D after Foles came in, I saw a guy that took one look at how the D was lined up and KNEW what his reads and progressions were going to be.

He found the open guy 10 times quicker than Vick, I don't hate Vick, but saying that he is the best QB for this team without proof, is more of an opinion than a fact.

At this point, the ONLY reason I start Vick next week is that he has had the Gints number in the past, but if he comes out flat, put Foles in before the game gets away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post

I don't care who was playing on Denver's D after Foles came in, I saw a guy that took one look at how the D was lined up and KNEW what his reads and progressions were going to be.

He found the open guy 10 times quicker than Vick.
                    Are you really so clueless to think a defense plays the same up 40 points in the fourth quarter? They were going to give away all the underneath garbage the Eagles wanted at that point. By your logic, Jeff Maehl is their best receiver.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                      Vick is their best qb because you think so.
                      Wrong. Because Chip Kelly thinks so. Assclown.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Wrong. Because Chip Kelly thinks so. Assclown.
                        You have nailed it.

I am not a Vick lover by any means but I guess some of these posters are better evaluating a QB for Chip's system than him and knows more what Chip Kelly wants as a QB for his own system.

Comment

So we should depend on a 33 years old QB to be our QB of the future on a rebuilding team? What's his windows? 1, 2, 3 years left of playing time? Then we're rebuilding and finding a new QB again??? What kinda rebuilding is this???

Comment

Working...
                          X