Nick Foles please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Foles please??

Isn't it time to start benching Vick? If Chip wants to succeed, he'd better start Foles ASAP. Vick is a good scrambler, but he won't be able to get the ball to open WRs not named DJax. Shut DJax down and Vick won't be able to throw to anyone.

Time to actually see what Chip offense will be like in a read option with a QB that can actually read???

Pulling Vick is too concede the season

Originally posted by ashaman View Post
    Isn't it time to start benching Vick? If Chip wants to succeed, he'd better start Foles ASAP. Vick is a good scrambler, but he won't be able to get the ball to open WRs not named DJax. Shut DJax down and Vick won't be able to throw to anyone.

Time to actually see what Chip offense will be like in a read option with a QB that can actually read???
    Best you could hope for is an Injury I guess...
    I think our punishment this season is Vick starts every game...

Comment

The last two games he has reverted back to his old self of staring down receivers, thats not going to work
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Could Foles play any position on defense?

if not why even bother and confuse the whole Chip Kelly experiment?

Comment

Vick isn't gonna be here next year. Why start him for the whole year? Foles and Barkely will be here, and they probably will draft a QB for Chip to groom as well.

Comment

There is only one reason to start Vick. Chip believes he gives the team it's best chance at winning right now. And, it should be pretty clear by now that everything else....defense, special teams, contact, toughness, re-building, assessing other QBs this season so the right personal choices can be made.....are all less important than running A chip ball offense. And, he thinks Vick is the QB TO DO IT. Foles actually looks at more than one receiver to see who is open. But that not part of chip ball. A QB who just runs instead of finding an open receiver is what he wants. And it's what he has.

Comment

Unfortunately, this organization doesn't see the benefit of moving on from this QB. Most NFL teams are now going with younger QBs and seeing what they have earlier in their careers. This team will draft a QB in the fourth round and he will rot on the bench. It's what they do. This is why this organization is doomed. Not only did they refuse to address the defense in the draft, the free agents they brought in stink. Everyone knows this was a rebuilding year but we're stuck wasting it on players with no future here. It sucks that the NFL is so awful right now because this team is still going to win plenty of pointless games.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                if not why even bother and confuse the whole Chip Kelly experiment?
                from what i understand, they really haven't run the read option as much...so if they really aren't running it that much...what's the point of having vick in there anyway?
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by ashaman View Post
                  Vick isn't gonna be here next year. Why start him for the whole year? Foles and Barkely will be here, and they probably will draft a QB for Chip to groom as well.
                  How are you sure Foles would be here and not Vick again? What QB are you assuming the Eagles will draft and groom? You don't know what Chip Kelly have up his sleeve. Last yr no one knew Chip Kelly was going to be the HC here.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                    from what i understand, they really haven't run the read option as much...so if they really aren't running it that much...what's the point of having vick in there anyway?
                    And why aren't they running the read option as much? Chip College Kelly is a big ???? just like this whole team. Bottom line is that he has Vick in over Foles for a reason. I don't go to the Novacare practices so I have no idea what the coaches are seeing.

Comment

It's a conundrum, you want the best athlete in there to run chip ball. But the best athlete can't read the label on his Nike's. So he goes with Vick and gets very few pure read plays.

Comment

oh, i know that...but as a fan...and i could be in the minority...i don't really care...i don't want to see vick anymore.

i think i'm just bitching to bitch...but i just don't want to see vick anymore...tired of his athletic ability and no ability to do anything else. i've seen it and it doesn't work. if kelly can't see that and sticks with something that doesn't work...then yeah, i have reservations about him.

but he also kept foles around instead of trying to trade him...especially with them drafting barkley. i mean, why keep foles if you draft barkley to be the heir apparent? so, they must have kept foles for a reason as well.
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He hasn't been great but I don't think Vick is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                            oh, i know that...but as a fan...and i could be in the minority...i don't really care...i don't want to see vick anymore.

i think i'm just bitching to bitch...but i just don't want to see vick anymore...tired of his athletic ability and no ability to do anything else. i've seen it and it doesn't work. if kelly can't see that and sticks with something that doesn't work...then yeah, i have reservations about him.

but he also kept foles around instead of trying to trade him...especially with them drafting barkley. i mean, why keep foles if you draft barkley to be the heir apparent? so, they must have kept foles for a reason as well.
                            You have to keep Foles for a viable back-up. I mean he did play last yr with this offense and they were bare in that department. Dixon a Kelly guy was brought in but couldn't cut it.

The Barkley pick was a love affair pick for Kelly who is used to seeing and hearing about this guy from the Pac 12. Plus Kelly probably felt he got great value for that draft spot because of Barkley's projected draft status the previous yr if he would have came out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                              He hasn't been great but I don't think Vick is the problem.
                              That is beyond absurd. Mrs CC, who asks me what inning is it what we are watching a football game said how come one QB can throw completions to 8 different receivers in one half and the other one just runs all the time. Vick IS the problem. Not the only problem .....but a big one.
                              Last edited by CCPete; 09-30-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X