Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The birthplace of the Constitution is going to save the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721375]
    Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post

Let me see if I understand this right. You are arguing the American system should be judged not on how it serves the American lower and middle classes, but by how it serves affluent international patients? I don't think anyone denies that those who can afford it can find the best doctors in the world in the US. However, that means nothing to those who can't see those doctors so your Canadians can get the treatment instead.

People make all sorts of choices in life, all I asked is if health care was a high priority for you, and then you started with the name calling.

So again, the reason you could not afford your own care?

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721376]
      Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post

People make all sorts of choices in life, all I asked is if health care was a high priority for you, and then you started with the name calling.

So again, the reason you could not afford your own care?
      Dude, you are attempting to frame me into a retarded conservative talking point in which anyone faces financial challenges at some point in their lives is a parasitic moron. That level of jackassery is going to face the namecalling it deserves. Go cry more if you can't actually argue against the fucking numbers. Canadians are satisfied with their healthcare, and it is cheaper. Americans are not satisfied, and it is much more expensive. Trying to derail the conversation with a private eye investigation into my life is not going to alter that.

Comment

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721377]

Dude, you are attempting to frame me into a retarded conservative talking point in which anyone faces financial challenges at some point in their live is a parasitic moron. That level of jackassery is going to face the namecalling it deserves. Go cry more if you can't actually argue against the fucking numbers. Canadians are satisfied with their healthcare, and it is cheaper. Americans are not satisfied, and it is much more expensive. Trying to derail the conversation with a private eye investigation into my life is not going to alter that.

Look, I know a lot of people that say they are poor, but the kids all have Nike's, name brand jeans, and all of the electrical toys they ask for, my kids made due with Wal-mart or hand-me-downs IF/when we were short of money.

As I said, life choices. You were the one that brought it up. BTW, 20 years ago I didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, but I never expected or asked anybody else to pay my bills.

So now people that didn't have HC before should be happy right? Because someone else is going to help pay for it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721378]

Look, I know a lot of people that say they are poor, but the kids all have Nike's, name brand jeans, and all of the electrical toys they ask for, my kids made due with Wal-mart or hand-me-downs IF/when we were short of money.
          Yes, yes! What we really need is legislation to control the sky rocketing costs of Air Jordans! The brilliant conservative mind herpaderps it's way to sound legislation again!

America is so great! We get to choose between medicine for our children and luxuries like clothing! None of that commie Canadian "Let's have both!"

Anyway, I think your personal solution to rising healthcare costs should be to sell your computer/internet connected device as step #1. It sounds like your griping is phony when you do it with that shiny electronic toy.

Comment

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721379]

Yes, yes! What we really need is legislation to control the sky rocketing costs of Air Jordans! The brilliant conservative mind herpaderps it's way to sound legislation again!

America is so great! We get to choose between medicine for our children and luxuries like clothing! None of that commie Canadian "Let's have both!"

Anyway, I think your personal solution to rising healthcare costs should be to sell your computer/internet connected device as step #1. It sounds like your griping is phony when you do it with that shiny electronic toy.

Your right, you have made your point and I concede, I have to get back to work, evidently I have more dependents to take care of than I knew about.

Have a nice day.

Comment

True, but I'm sure they are still over 40,000
              Some perhaps but not all of them. Also some have other jobs.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721380]

Your right, you have made your point and I concede, I have to get back to work, evidently I have more dependents to take care of than I knew about.

Have a nice day.
                Enjoy your Heritage Foundation conservative healthcare plan!

Comment

You do understand the term "single payer" correct.
                  Yes. It's universal healthcare funded by the single payer (government) where cost is shared by the entire nation. Just like we share the cost of the military and numerous other services.

It's practiced all over the world and in many cases those countries have higher life expediencies and lower per capita health care costs than we do in the United States.

Any other brain busters?
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                    Yes. It's universal healthcare funded by the single payer (government) where cost is shared by the entire nation. Just like we share the cost of the military and numerous other services.

It's practiced all over the world and in many cases those countries have higher life expediencies and lower per capita health care costs than we do in the United States.

Any other brain busters?

The cost is shared by everyone, that's a good one, and who funds the government? keep em coming, lol

Comment

I see that for what it is, a negotiation.
                      The term "negotiation" does not denote proper tactics. A terrorist will negotiate with law enforcement by taking hostages. Do you see that simply for what it is - negotiation?
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721382]

Enjoy your Heritage Foundation conservative healthcare plan!

Not as much as the people that get it for free, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                          The term "negotiation" does not denote proper tactics. A terrorist will negotiate with law enforcement by taking hostages. Do you see that simply for what it is - negotiation?
                          I know, the Dems have no dirt on their hands whatsoever, they are as pure as the driven snow,

Comment

I know, the Dems have no dirt on their hands whatsoever, they are as pure as the driven snow,
                            I don't disagree that both political parties fail to be shining beacons of virtue. But in this case, the significant majority of the blame falls on the Tea Party and the inability of the the rest of the Republican party to reign them in.

From the time they were campaigning for the 2010 election many of them supported and promoted the idea of a government shut down. They've threatened to shut down the government numerous times since coming into power in the House.

They've looked for every way possible to repeal/end the ACA and revolved almost their entire presidential and congressional election strategy around that goal - and it didn't work. Obama won handily and the actually lost seats in the House.

And from an election standpoint, things are only going to get worse. They're a subset of a party that relies on older, white voters living in gerrymandered districts. They don't appeal to minorities, women, LGBT or much of the millennial generation. So, they don't have the majority or the mandate of the people to end the ACA through legislation and it's doubtful they're going to get it.

So now, given that the option of legislation is unavailable to them they've decided to follow through on their 4 year old promises and shut down the government - holding not only the federal government but much of their own party hostage in doing so because they can't change the law any other way.

That is not acting in the way the Constitution, that they so vehemently defend and praise, defined our government.

If you can't see that, you're either not paying attention or selectively choosing what you want to hear.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Your dumbshit political philosophy for not supporting single payer.

So you think that a SP system, that the government has full control of, would be better than what we have had all of our lives?

Interesting.

The LAST place I want any more of my money to go to is the Federal Government.
                              Do you understand that there is a very good chance that with single-payer you'd be paying LESS for healthcare?
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

True

But we'll get what we pay for (i.e. less).

My only foray into this thread. Carry on!
                                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                                X