Meanwhile back at the ranch,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I'm an engineer and I work in healthcare.

Can I assume that your HC is covered in full or part by your employer?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
      Can I assume that your HC is covered in full or part by your employer?
      In part, yes.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

In part, yes.

So you have nothing to worry about until 2015 correct?

Comment

No, I have stuff to worry about every year.
          --------

Comment

No, I have stuff to worry about every year.

I meant as far as HC coverage, we ALL have things to worry about, more so if you have employee's that you are responsible for.

But if you have never been an employer, I really don't think you would understand, and that is not meant as a smart ass retort.

Comment

I meant as far as HC coverage, we ALL have things to worry about, more so if you have employee's that you are responsible for.

But if you have never been an employer, I really don't think you would understand, and that is not meant as a smart ass retort.
              I've been self employed, and I have employed people. Whether it was meant as a smart ass retort or not, it was a smart ass retort.
              --------

Comment

I've been self employed, and I have employed people. Whether it was meant as a smart ass retort or not, it was a smart ass retort.

So you think that what is happening with ACA and what it is doing to self employed people is not a problem
                Last edited by Eagle Road; 10-13-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

So you think that what is happening with ACA and what it is doing to self employed people is not a problem
                  To be honest, I think if the Republicans were willing to work together with the Democrats they could make the ACA work well for everybody. The ideas behind the ACA originated with conservatives.
                  --------

Comment

Didn't know I had mentioned your name. Since you are "good with political posts, do you think the Gov. should be trying to lower the debt?
                    It's a good long term goal but in the short term lowering unemployment is much more urgent in order to help get the economy growing faster. With borrowing costs so low we should be spending big on long term infrastructure needs. Things like replacing water systems to cities that are a century old. Those projects have to be done sometime, so a time where it's cheap to borrow and you need jobs is a good time.

Comment

To be honest, I think if the Republicans were willing to work together with the Democrats they could make the ACA work well for everybody. The ideas behind the ACA originated with conservatives.

I realize that, but with you being in HC, I would think that if you looked at it you would see that as a segment, the small business owner is being impacted by this law more so than any other group.

And I don't care who's idea it was, I don't like being lied to, as of RIGHT NOW,

I CAN'T keep my current policy,
                      I CAN'T keep my current doctor,
                      I CAN'T get the same coverage that I now have,
                      I CAN'T see where I am going to save any money, in fact, it looks as if my cost will DOUBLE for as close to my old deductible and policy as I can get.

Comment

I realize that, but with you being in HC, I would think that if you looked at it you would see that as a segment, the small business owner is being impacted by this law more so than any other group.

And I don't care who's idea it was, I don't like being lied to, as of RIGHT NOW,

I CAN'T keep my current policy,
                        I CAN'T keep my current doctor,
                        I CAN'T get the same coverage that I now have,
                        I CAN'T see where I am going to save any money, in fact, it looks as if my cost will DOUBLE for as close to my old deductible and policy as I can get.
                        I would ask you to remember this:

You have always been at the mercy of your insurance company.

Your insurance company's interests are not aligned with your interests.

Your insurance company may attempt to blame the government for any changes in your policy but ACA or no ACA they could have refused to cover you at any time.
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                          It's a good long term goal but in the short term lowering unemployment is much more urgent in order to help get the economy growing faster. With borrowing costs so low we should be spending big on long term infrastructure needs. Things like replacing water systems to cities that are a century old. Those projects have to be done sometime, so a time where it's cheap to borrow and you need jobs is a good time.

To a point, I agree, at least on the employment part, this is where we apparently differ.

ACA should have been put off, no, not last week, I mean like 3 years ago, the economy was NOT in any position to be introducing something that large, time consuming, and costly, that time and money would have been better spent on the economy then, when it would have made a difference.

Comment

To a point, I agree, at least on the employment part, this is where we apparently differ.

ACA should have been put off, no, not last week, I mean like 3 years ago, the economy was NOT in any position to be introducing something that large, time consuming, and costly, that time and money would have been better spent on the economy then, when it would have made a difference.
                            Healthcare reform was long delayed, it had to be done when the political capital was available to a Democratic President. Too many people were uninsured because they could not afford coverage. You don't always get ideal timing in a Democracy. Immigration reform and serious defense cuts/shift in foriegn policy (away from world policing) are similarly overdue. Also legalize pot. (And as a libertarian I'm sure you agree on those last two things)
                            Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 10-13-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I would ask you to remember this:

You have always been at the mercy of your insurance company.

Your insurance company's interests are not aligned with your interests.

Your insurance company may attempt to blame the government for any changes in your policy but ACA or no ACA they could have refused to cover you at any time.

IE, I full well understand that, they ARE a business, period, I never expected a brother-in-law discount or any special favors from them, but this is where it hurts,

For over 30 years I paid FULLY into a policy that I was happy with, happy with my cost, happy with my doctor, happy with my HC as a whole.

I have no reason to believe that it was going to change anytime soon, so let's just for the sake of debate say that ACA fails, now I HAVE lost my policy, I CAN'T go back.

You're right in as much as the insurance company may be blaming the government for dropping policies, but don't you see that the government GAVE them the excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                                Healthcare reform was long delayed, it had to be done when the political capital was available to a Democratic President. Too many people were uninsured because they could not afford coverage. You don't always get ideal timing in a Democracy. Immigration reform and serious defense cuts/shift in foriegn policy (away from world policing) are similarly overdue.

This is where we differ, I can't help but feel that IF the economy was the first priority, the political capital would have followed.

"Political Capitol" for the good of the party was put before the good of the country, Political Capitol IS what is causing the divide that we now have.

Comment

Working...
                                X