Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Foles lovers the former Klob lovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    I know they all aren't but suspect many of the biggest mouths are. Would make an interesting research project.
    There's definitely some overlap.

I think with Foles, just enjoy the ride for now.
    The Eagles future QB is yet to make the team.

As for Kolb... I always thought he was Tim Couch from the moment I saw tape on him. Turns out he wasn't just Tim Couch, he was SUPER Tim Couch. (Thank you Cleveland for taking that one away from FF)
    Last edited by Dr. Claw; 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Right now playing Vick is nothing but a waste of time. Even if they win the division at 7-9 or 8-8 with Vick (if healthy) they get knocked out by the Divisionals and Vick's time here will be over anyway. Vick is injury prone and his effort against KC where he tried to do too much again at his age where he should know better should have been the straw that broke the camel's back with this guy. Time to look forward. You have 2 young QB's in Foles and Barkley and of course the draft next year if need be. Play these guys and kiss the Vick area goodbye. Foles looks good so far but who really knows? I guess gotta see if he's a mental midget or not. Philip Rivers who seemed a sure fire bet to be a bonafide star turned into nothing more than a slightly above average QB who chokes in big games.

Comment

statistically he has some sick numbers...but yeah, he is ms chokesondick.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

?

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          I know they all aren't but suspect many of the biggest mouths are. Would make an interesting research project.
          What the fuck are you talking about? Kolb is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand.

Across this line, you do not… also, dude, "Klob lover" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Kolb Gobblers," please.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            Could FF really have gotten that lucky? Or if Foles pans out can we simply chalk it up to "a blind squirrel..."

Hard to say, would you classify Belichick as getting "lucky" with Brady? Not just because he was a 6th round pick, but remember, 2000 the year Brady was selected was Belichick's FIRST year in NE.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
              Hard to say, would you classify Belichick as getting "lucky" with Brady? Not just because he was a 6th round pick, but remember, 2000 the year Brady was selected was Belichick's FIRST year in NE.

Yep, I would.

Comment

I think Foles reads defenses very well and he's very good against the blitz. Those two things alone help his cause. Last years stats are skewed a little cause he had a defense in shambles and a coach on the way out, an offensive line with one projected starter and no McCoy or DJax. That's a lot to ask of a rookie to handle. Still let him play it out. I think a lot of people on this board will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I've been on the Vick bandwagon since he got here

but really, I just want to win. I want to find our franchise QB and win. I want the "experts" talking about an Eagles QB the same way they talk about Luck, Kaepernick and Russell Wilson. I want that QB who you know will give us a chance to win every time out. I just want to fucking win. Is that too much to ask ?
                  Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 10-15-2013, 03:51 PM.
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Id take a healthy Vick over Nicky against dallas. But if that hamstring isn't 100%, let Napoleon take the snaps.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

the only tendency Foles has is:

PISSING EXCELLENCE
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-15-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Foles has moxy.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

He can skin grizz.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Although I was "hoping" that Kolb was going to turn into something, it never happened, plus even if he was better than average, his inability to stay healthy kills any career he may of had.

The one big difference that I see between Kolb and Foles is that Foles just has that "cool hand Luke, never gets rattled" kind of attitude, no matter the pounding he got last year, I NEVER saw him get happy feet.

That I like.

Comment

Foles Doppelganger says...

Comment

i'm not really a foles "lover" but i think he's shown more than klob. klob didn't even really play until his third season. he was third on the depth chart in his rookie season and had a disastrous appearance in his second season. he played very well in wins against kansas city and atlanta. he was ok against the saints. i think all of his other games were bad. foles's two wins against tampa pretty much equal klob's two starting victories. foles played well in relief against the giants, something klob failed to do against the skins three years ago. foles also played well in a loss to dallas, giving him one more good start as an eagle than kolb.

i also like that foles is doing this earlier in his career. kolb was nowhere near ready to come in as a rookie. i think when he did he got sacked against the lions. when he was bumped up to second on the depth chart in 08 i feel like it was just because the team had stock in him. when he finally started he really liked to pull that 9-step drop, then either get sacked or roll right. foles doesn't do that. and while preseason is meaningless i recall kolb really sucking in the 2010 preseason. foles has played well in the preseason.

it's hard to find a franchise QB, but i think foles could at least be a sytem QB. that's more than i could every say about klob.

Comment

Working...
                                X