I don't think drafting a QB is going to be the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    If Chuck Kelly wants Mariota, you gotta have faith in the pick. He knows whats needed to run his system.

We (they) will have to give up a lot of future pics to move up. Fuck it. NEWSTANDARD.
    I agree with your first part, considering I'm all in on Chipster.

I'll be honest I've only seen Mariota play twice this year. I look forward to the games against UCLA and Stanford, I want to see what he can do against better defenses.

I've watched Manziel absolutely torch SEC defenses for a year and half (not saying that makes him the better prospect).

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
      I agree with your first part, considering I'm all in on Chipster.

I'll be honest I've only seen Mariota play twice this year. I look forward to the games against UCLA and Stanford, I want to see what he can do against better defenses.

I've watched Manziel absolutely torch SEC defenses for a year and half (not saying that makes him the better prospect).

Love Manziel's game. My only worry is that running the ball keeps him in rhythm. He kind of gets off on it. But can he last being hit by NFL defenders?
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

i see him i think this era's ty detmer. if detmer was 6'3" with a stronger arm he probably would have been a top pick.

manziel is a blast to watch...but when i watch the eagles and some of the hits they take...i'm like, "i think johnny would die on that hit".

plus, all that running around backwards sh!t would get really old.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Love Manziel's game. My only worry is that running the ball keeps him in rhythm. He kind of gets off on it. But can he last being hit by NFL defenders?
          I think he could be a mid-first-round steal. Remember, he was originally recruited by Chip Kelly and he would have played at Oregon if Mariota wasn't a year ahead of him on the depth chart.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I wouldn't mind Bradford, think he's a good QB lost in a piece of shit town and football team. As it stands now, practically every team with a worse record then the Eagles have a hot mess situation at QB. They won't be in position to get their man anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
              I wouldn't mind Bradford, think he's a good QB lost in a piece of shit town and football team.
              Hehehe. I see what you did there.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Lol, I just couldn't make a post 100% in support of Slizz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  Yeah, just blow picks on chump QBs. Let's blow this offensive philosophy's window on developing talent, when the thing this team consistently fails miserably at developing talent.
                  We actually don't know how this version of the Eagles will do with regard to developing talent. You're suggesting the route that perhaps Reid should have taken with the Eagles - not necessarily Chip Kelly.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I hope they luck out and find a QB and a safety for their system in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
                    Chances are, they're going to need their 1st rounder for a premier pass-rusher or WR.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Claw View Post
                      the Eagles need a "Chiefs" defense to get by with an "Alex Smith".

and I'm not sure having Ricky Williams and Brunell in place of McNabb would have been good, knowing what we know about FF. Eagles kept a decent to great RB on their squad (Staley, B-West, Buckhalter as brittle as he could be) but it wasn't until now that the RB was a true threat (to be fair, McCoy is better than all of them combined).

Eagles would have had multiple SBs if FF knew what the fuck a wide receiver was before 2004. whoever signed off on the Na Brown and Pinkston drafts...
                      McCoy is not far better then Westbrook. In fact as an overall player he isn't as good as westbrook. As a pure runner McCoy MAY edge him out but Westbrook was a MUCH better Receiver, Blocker and return man. McCoy is great but Westbrook he is not.

Comment

I watched him and Colt Bust McCoy make terrible throws!

Barry Horowitz with the suspenders? Didn't he use to pat his own back?

I'm bringing RAW is WAR type ratings, you are stuck on Sunday Night Heat with a line up of Al Snow and the Road Dawg Jessie James.
                        I remember watching Barry Horowitz win a belt in I think Global Wrestling Federation when it was on TV and thought WTF he not only won a match but a belt.

Comment

I remember GWF being on ESPN after school! Lots of big names got started there, probably most notably Jeff Jarrett.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

p.s. This is old school Slizz ratings, the bored needs more of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              I remember GWF being on ESPN after school! Lots of big names got started there, probably most notably Jeff Jarrett.
                              At the time I thought "The Patriot" was Scott Steiner. At that time Steiner and the patriot were the only guys I had ever seen do the "frankensteiner". The lightning kid (1,2,3 Kid, X-Pac Sean Waltman) Was there before he went over on Razor Ramone. Alot of WCCW had gone over there then as well.

I miss the days of all the wrestling feds... I remember when depending on the night I could watch UWF, NWA, WCCW, IWCCW, WWF, GWF. Now all I can get is TNA or WWE... I sometimes tune into ROH on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                                p.s. This is old school Slizz ratings, the bored needs more of this.
                                Agreed. I didn't think he still had it in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X