1 Parade Last 30 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    You people are a bunch of losers. People in Boston or New York would never tolerate what we are going through with this losers mentality. I'm no different than anyone else there where losing is not acceptable.

I wanted at least 4 or 5 more titles than what we had in 2008 before then or since.
    People in Boston would never tolerate 86 years of failure to win a world series, between 1918 to 2004. If such a thing even halfway happened, the proud people of Boston would burn their baseball stadium to the ground and replace it with an underground dome lit by the heat of Earth's core.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
      People in Boston would never tolerate 86 years of failure to win a world series, between 1918 to 2004. If such a thing even halfway happened, the proud people of Boston would burn their baseball stadium to the ground and replace it with an underground dome lit by the heat of Earth's core.
      I was a Red Sox fan for 35 years before they won a championship. Try living with getting beat by Bucky Fucking Dent. And game 6 in 86 was a real kick in the nuts. But then I think about Donnie Moore....

I think the Eagles will win one eventually. Probably not with Chip.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

You people are a bunch of losers. People in Boston or New York would never tolerate what we are going through with this losers mentality. I'm no different than anyone else there where losing is not acceptable.

I wanted at least 4 or 5 more titles than what we had in 2008 before then or since.
        damn, you wanted 5 titles in the 5 years after 2008? i specifically wanted none.

yeah people in boston or new york would stop going to games. put these teams out of business. hell, that's what pats fans did in their great years prior to 2001. and that's what sox fans did 1919-2003.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
          I'm not mad. I'm happy I saw one
          Exactly. Cleveland has had 0 parades in that span. We are lucky to have 2008.

Comment

You beat me to it

Originally posted by chad steele View Post
            Exactly. Cleveland has had 0 parades in that span. We are lucky to have 2008.
            Anthony does all this talk about his sports misery, and the titles that teams in Philly should have won, try being a sports fan in fucking CLEVELAND. Barely a sniff of a title for the Browns since Jim fucking Brown walked the sidelines at Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble. Michael Jordan ripping out the Cavaliers collective hearts and eating them in the middle of Richfield Coliseum. The Browns being in perpetual rebuilding mode with one playoff appearance since 1999, and passing on players like Donovan McNabb and LaDanian Tomlinson. The Indians sucking ever since Dick Jacobs sold the team to the Dolans, and they just now are starting to be consistently competitive. Try watching Charlie Nagy miss a comebacker to the mound by Edgar Renteria that misses Nagy's glove by no more that half an inch, that could have locked up a World Series for the Indians.

Lets not even get into the young basketball phenom, who is currently the best player in the universe, who grew up a mere 30 miles south of Quicken Loans Arena, who was the absolute best chance of bringing a title to Cleveland since Jim Brown, kicking the entire city in the nuts in front of the entire world and "taking his talents" to Miami and subsequently winning back to back titles. Spare me your sob stories Anthony, the fans here would sell their souls to have the kind of runs that Philadelphia teams have had in recent memory. The fans here would be happy with just being consistently competitive and challenging for division titles.
            Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Anthony fucked over IGGLEPHANS a decade ago. I don't question the management often, but I would have banned him from the board ten years ago, and it has nothing to do with his being a pessimistic loser. He's a fucking Wangnut who pulled a Wangnut move and then bragged about it here. Fuck him. He goes to games. Never shows up at the gayte. I'd expect the see the Ref sooner than him at a gayte. Fuck him. I feel sorry for his family. He must be a fucking joy to live with.
              Last edited by RSE; 10-31-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

May I just reiterate...

The part about you enjoying 2008? Jesus Christ...

The Redskins last won a championship in 1991. I was 11, fucking eleven years old. I barely understood football at that point in my life.

The Bullets/Wizards...yeah, they sewed up their only championship about 17 months before I was born. My highlights with that team have been the Gilbert Arenas years, or comically watching Georghe Muresan lumber around.

The Capitals...that was fun in 1998, miraculously making the finals to be demolished in four straight by the Red Wings. Side note, fuck you still, Esa Tikkanen. More recently, we've had one of the bright young league stars and done absolutely nothing to build around him properly.

The Nationals...hey great, I didn't even have a baseball team of my own to root for as a kid. I'm still in the glow of even having a team to root for, much less a competitive one. That series against the Cards last season was a nice punch to the gut.

That 1998 Caps team was the last time a DC team (not counting soccer) has made the finals in anything, much less won it. And yet you're going to complain that you deserved to watch more championships than your city got? There are a bunch of cities that are far worse off than Philly. Piss off.

Comment

What is this going to be Boston's 10th?
                  Boston has won as many times as the Philly teams have competed for trophies.

That Philly teams are .100 in their 10 Championship Appearances since 1983 is the true tragedy.

In comparison, Boston has regularly competed for championships and their 10 trophies in 21 attempts qualifies for a respectable .476 winning percentage.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

You were an miserable cunt for the Phillies 08 run too, when you said it didn't matter if they made the playoffs, because no one was beating the Angels

Comment

Working...
                    X