At the risk of being accused of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the risk of being accused of

pissing on a win ... which I'm not ... WTF was he doing in shotgun on fourth and inches?

It worked that time, but there were many other short-yardage situations when an under center QB would make more sense.

On plays when he needs less than a yard, he has a 6-6 quarterback and is taking the sneak out of the concerns for the defense?

Kelly's lack of NFL awareness still gives me a HS Harry douchechill here and there ... which also includes his continued issues with replay review.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Yeah we were talking about that during the game, you have 6-6 foles with a good line the qb sneak would be a sure thing every time.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I don't think we are a good team for a qb sneak because although good Kelce is not a powerful center so you point of attack is not the strongest. The offense works partly because it tells the defense where the ball is going essentially by formation and plans on them to pursue to that spot and therefore going in the opposite direction.

Comment

That play is not just about the center ... cracks open in different spots and it's about quickness off the ball, seeing the hole and catching the other team off guard.

And it's a very high percentage play.

Comment

With the QB under center you always have a threat of the sneak if no one is over the center. Tom Brady will ad lib a sneak if there is no nose tackle even on second down. With the threat of the sneak the l

Comment

With the QB under center you always have a threat of the sneak if no one is over the center. Tom Brady will ad lib a sneak if there is no nose tackle even on second down. With the threat of the sneak the linebackers can't simply key on the RB as when Foles is in the shotgun.

As a related but larger matter, if Chip is going to run out the clock on the ground in the second half, he really needs to throw before third down once in a while to keep the defense honest.

Comment

Agree on the throwing point ... additionally IMO he needs to run the play clock down more early in the fourth quarter with a 24 point lead.

Comment

Agreed...that was insane

Originally posted by slag View Post
                pissing on a win ... which I'm not ... WTF was he doing in shotgun on fourth and inches?

It worked that time, but there were many other short-yardage situations when an under center QB would make more sense.

On plays when he needs less than a yard, he has a 6-6 quarterback and is taking the sneak out of the concerns for the defense?

Kelly's lack of NFL awareness still gives me a HS Harry douchechill here and there ... which also includes his continued issues with replay review.
                I blasted Reid for doing that very same thing...gotta be consistent. Just a stupid formation...check that, BEYOND stupid in that situation. You've got a QB with a basketball player's length who could just fall forward and get the first down.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  With the QB under center you always have a threat of the sneak if no one is over the center. Tom Brady will ad lib a sneak if there is no nose tackle even on second down. With the threat of the sneak the linebackers can't simply key on the RB as when Foles is in the shotgun.

As a related but larger matter, if Chip is going to run out the clock on the ground in the second half, he really needs to throw before third down once in a while to keep the defense honest.
                  Bottom line is that with the QB under center in short yardage, it gives the defense something else to think about. I don't think they should always line up with the QB under center in those situations but it would be good to have as a option.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I'm inclined to suspect Shurmur is to blame for the replay issues. His time as head coach was full of bizarre incompetence at times, I don't know if he can handle quick decisions as well as someone in his position should be able to. I'm just glad he isn't calling the plays.

Shurmur's team was frequently beset by confusion in personnel and play-calling at critical junctures. Early in the year the defense surrendered a touchdown on a failure to break the defensive huddle, and the team's chances in several games were compromised by a host of special teams mistakes and meltdowns. At the midpoint of the season, in a telling series in which Shurmur called for a conservative ball-protection strategy, the Browns recovered their own fumble resulting from a mistakenly-called hand off to a 3rd sting tight-end lined up at fullback, only to botch a short go-ahead field goal attempt with a failed snap and uncoordinated line movement.

The 2012 season showed little improvement in Shurmur's coaching abilities. His odd management of the offense in the Indianapolis game infuriated Browns owner Jimmy Haslam. The CBS cameras even focused on the irate Haslam for several minutes as he yelled and threw his arms in the air in disbelief. After the end of the season, Shurmur and general manager Tom Heckert, Jr. were fired.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Shurmur

Comment

I posted this already..yes it was a huge Rookie mistake

along with the lack of Challenges on plays that are Blatant...after that he called the Read Option a couple times,,he calls it on that play we win 27-0
                      Last edited by TRENT; 11-18-2013, 03:04 PM.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

What play?

Comment

Kelly makes mistakes every game. It's kinda expected at this point.

Comment

it was a running play I think" Morris's foot slid out of bounds

and he ran for another 8...foreskins got right to the line and snaped the ball,,,Everyone saw it except for the official who was being run into,,Kelly needs to call TO or throw the flag...its the whole coaching staff,,,other people are freed up in the booth,,,it needs to improve..think it was Morris,,,not sure. but it was an Aweful Gaffe...glad they didnt score there.
                            Last edited by TRENT; 11-18-2013, 04:55 PM.
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

How can Kelly call a read option on a play Washington ran?

Comment

Working...
                              X