Some pretty good mic'd up stuff from Chip and Nick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    Honestly, it looked like the 4th quarter collapse was due to some bad execution and Shady running backwards too much moreso than them slowing down.

I mean, they put on a clinic on that final drive against GB.
    If you go back and look at the drives after the last TD, I really don't think he "took his foot off the pedal."

First drive, Shady lost 3 yards, then Foles was sacked for 8 and on 3rd and 21 from their own 16, they made the right call of a draw and got 7 yards back.

Next drive, they started at their 8. Shady got 9 yards on 1st and 2nd. Bryce Brown lost a yard on 3rd and 1. Up until that point, you've been gashing Wash on the run, so I have no problem rushing on 3rd and short there, especially so deep in your own zone.

Next drive, Herremans got a holding penalty on 1st down. 2nd down, Shady ran for 9, 3rd down he got a pass for 10. They went for it on 4th. Right or wrong call, I wouldn't say going for a 4th down while up by 24 is playing too conservative.

Next, they got two first downs, then Foles rushed for 3 on 1st, Shady lost 5 on 2nd and Foles pass to Cooper was incomplete on 3rd.

The next drive was the last drive. Foles gained 5, Shady gained one and then Foles came up a yard short (on a passing play, so he wasn't just trying to run, run, run. Wash made a play)

Maybe I'm seeing it through Chip colored glasses, but I don't think he called too conservative of a game at the end, I think mistakes and Washington making some plays is what hurt.

Comment

It's actually fun watching this team

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      I think that, just as in Ray Rhodes final 3-13 season, the Eagles had more talent than a 4-12 record and needed a coaching change.
      Nothing like a fresh change.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I re-ran it ... you're right ... good.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
        X