Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true? Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true? Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot?

Let's hear about it. I wasn't born yet. I remember where I was when Reagan was shot, but that's another thread.

I was about 2 and a half. I was probably trying not to poop myself.

Comment

I was 2 months from birth.

Comment

I was 7 years old, sitting in my Grandmothers farmhouse just outside of Easton,Pa playing with the TV on (black and white, 3 channels) The TV went blank and a news bulletin came on, saying that the President had been shot.

From there on that's all that was on TV,Radio for the next couple of days, although I may not have fully understood the situation at 7 years old, I can clearly remember that news cast, and the pictures of all of the people weeping.

That, the pictures of the Viet Nam vets coming home, the race riots, and 911 are probably the most prominent news memories that I have. But by far, it seemed that JFK was the most vivid out of those, maybe because it was the first truly national event that I took notice of.

Comment

I Was In 8th Grade, In Lyle Augustine's Science Class

The intercom in his room wasn't working that day, so when we heard a lot of noise in the rooms around us, he went across the hall to the girls' gym, came back and said in a calm voice, "In case you're wondering what's happening, somebody just shot President Kennedy."

15 minutes later the girls gym teacher came to the door and said, "Lyle, he's dead." Mr. Augustine -- who knew Connolly had also been wounded, said, "The President?" And she said, "Yes."

We didn't get much accomplished after that.
          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

I was in 2nd grade...

one of the vivid memories of youth. Remember walking home at lunch time since they closed school and noticing that there seemed to be a lot of cars on the road and they all had their radios on...loud

Comment

Kennedy was over-rated

I was 5 - vague memory of being home after a half day of kindergarten and family talking about it
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yo Dude, How Far Are You From Olathe?

My wife and I have a very good friend from our college days who lives there. After my first wife passed away I flew out and spent a long weekend with her just to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                  My wife and I have a very good friend from our college days who lives there. After my first wife passed away I flew out and spent a long weekend with her just to get away.

Hey KG, I'm about 180 NW, I'm in a tiny little burb of about 500 people 50 miles north of Salina,KS.

You right though, Kansas IS a good place to get away, I can sit on my front porch on a Sunday afternoon and watch "BOTH" cars drive by! :D

Comment

Well, Look At It This Way

That's twice as many cars as they have in Wyoming.

Until my wife informed me she had two cousins who lived in Wyoming, I had never -- NEV-ER -- met a single human who called it home!

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      Let's hear about it. I wasn't born yet. I remember where I was when Reagan was shot, but that's another thread.
                      My dad was about 7 years away from being born.
                      COACH KELLY: I don't have an update. You can ask me again if you want.

Comment

Brilliant...

stop posting

Comment

Way before my time. I remember the Oklahoma City bombing and 9/11 as my two big ones.

Comment

Thank you. I think I'm brilliant as well.
                            COACH KELLY: I don't have an update. You can ask me again if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Don't forget the Challenger explosion. I think I was in the second/third grade.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X