No announcement yet.

Input needed on a first world problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truthfully I'm not 100% sure. I'll be sure to look today.

EDIT: Actually, that was quite an interesting web search. Wikipedia has a list by channel (taking it FWIW) and it looks like most are either 720p or 1080i.
    Last edited by BigSlizz; 12-01-2013, 01:24 PM.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Truthfully I'm not 100% sure. I'll be sure to look today.

EDIT: Actually, that was quite an interesting web search. Wikipedia has a list by channel (taking it FWIW) and it looks like most are either 720p or 1080i.
      Most channels will be 720P or 1080i. at the size you are looking at unless you sit right on top of it you wouldn't notice much difference between 720P and 1080P so I personally would not (and did not) spend the extra for a 1080P. Also I went with a Plasma. Watching fast moving things like football, Hockey etc. end up looking poor on a 60h and I hate the artificial look to a 120h lcd

Another important thing to remember is the LED is not truly an LED tv. It is a LED light TV. What that means is picture quality is not different for a LED vs a traditional LCD only light quality. If you do go for a LED/LCD make sure it is LED backlit not sidelit.

LCD and Plasma both have their pros and cons. Personally Plasma was the choice for me but as long as it is a quality TV I am sure you will be happy either way.

Comment

Working...
      X