Crazy Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Trade Rumor

If Foles plays out the season and the Eagles win a playoff game. Could Foles be trade bait? Kelly is very non-committal naming Foles his Franchise QB. What would happen if the Birds are offered 2 number 1's in next years draft, do you pull the trigger? Does Kelly try and move up and grab Teddy Bridgewater at #1 using 3 first round picks?

There was some talk where this could happen if another team stepped up.
    It would be a ballsy move...

No one is going to offer multiple #1s for Foles. Why not draft your own QB with the draft picks?

Let's pretend that this could actually happen though. Burning multiple #1s to draft a QB smacks of the Washington football club See how well that is going.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
      No one is going to offer multiple #1s for Foles. Why not draft your own QB with the draft picks?

Let's pretend that this could actually happen though. Burning multiple #1s to draft a QB smacks of the Washington football club See how well that is going.
      well, if someone gives you their first round picks...you keep your future #1 picks...and then you just trade your first along with someone elses #1's...then it becomes less of a risk.

that being said...if you have a qb...who puts up numbers...why would you trade a qb who you have a good idea can play...for a guy that could be good...or the next tim couch.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Kelly wants his Guy

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        well, if someone gives you their first round picks...you keep your future #1 picks...and then you just trade your first along with someone elses #1's...then it becomes less of a risk.

that being said...if you have a qb...who puts up numbers...why would you trade a qb who you have a good idea can play...for a guy that could be good...or the next tim couch.
        Because Kelly wants to run his style of offense and vision of QB. He is making due with Foles and putting up good numbers, with his own QB, how much more could he create using all of his schemes?

Just saying

Comment

i can't see foles being traded until after next season. i could totally envision a kaepernick scenario where kelly drafts his own QB in the 2nd round. if foles gets hurt and the new QB succeeds kelly rolls with his guy. foles could also be benched after a couple bad games if chip wants to give him just enough rope to hang himself. i don't think chip necessarily wants a running QB but i'd imagine that he'd want a QB with a better physical skill set for his offense. he might want a guy like stafford or even brees, but he's working with more of a matt ryan.

Comment

I am torn

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            i can't see foles being traded until after next season. i could totally envision a kaepernick scenario where kelly drafts his own QB in the 2nd round. if foles gets hurt and the new QB succeeds kelly rolls with his guy. foles could also be benched after a couple bad games if chip wants to give him just enough rope to hang himself. i don't think chip necessarily wants a running QB but i'd imagine that he'd want a QB with a better physical skill set for his offense. he might want a guy like stafford or even brees, but he's working with more of a matt ryan.
            Success breeds commitment, if Foles wins 10 or 11 games I don't thinks he is going anywhere but Kelly is going to get his guy eventually.

Look if this team wins 10 games guy is going to get "Coach of the year" honors and is going to have a lot of latitude in what ever he wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
              Because Kelly wants to run his style of offense and vision of QB. He is making due with Foles and putting up good numbers, with his own QB, how much more could he create using all of his schemes?

Just saying
              HOW IS BRIDGEWATER "KELLY'S GUY"? HAVE U EVER SEEN HIM PLAY? HES NOT A RUNNING QB. JUST BECAUSE HES BLACK U ASSUMING HES A RUNNING QB??
              HONK! HONK!

Comment

Wow and my posts are dumb and geigh? You don't pass up on any qb who is flat out producing. You don't gamble on a kid from college when you have a qb that is playing as well as foles. Right now I wouldnt take any of the so called "can't miss guys" from foles draft. Dude is a legitiment MVP candidate and you want a fckkk rookie?

Comment

Please

[QUOTE=Yucko the Clown;1732813]HOW IS BRIDGEWATER "KELLY'S GUY"? HAVE U EVER SEEN HIM PLAY? HES NOT A RUNNING QB. JUST BECAUSE HES BLACK U ASSUMING HES A RUNNING QB??[/QUOTE

Really your going to type in that tone?

Bridgewater is the top rated QB coming out... any similarities to style or the color of his hair have nothing to do with it...

nothing to see here, move along, move along...

My brother talked about a rumor and I shared it.

I make no assumption... other than its not about RACE!

Comment

Just saying
                    Yes because Chip Kelly has repeatedly said he wants to find a player to fit the system... Oh wait no he has repeatedly said the opposite. People are still mindfucked from FF. Chip has said and is showing he will build the offense to the players strengths.

Comment

shut up

Comment

Just saying
                        you do realize that bridgewater barely runs...he's a pocket passer. not saying he can't run the read option...but he's basically a pure pocket passer with some speed.

plus, not sure why they drafted matt barkley then...if kelly was against a pocket passer...or wanted a guy with more mobility...then barkley was the complete opposite of that.

especially for bridgewater...he's a good prospect...but a bunch of questions have come up about him now after he lost to ucf and then struggled down the stretch.

the guy from UCF might actually be the guy that kelly would want...if he wants to go that way. Better mobility than bridgewater, as good of an arm too and clutch. Blake Bortles
                        Last edited by nerd; 12-04-2013, 01:01 PM.
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Do you think P.Manning or Brady would/could have been traded after their first year? I'm NOT saying that Foles is the next Brady/Manning but his numbers are better than either of those players first year stats this far in.

The short answer is, you don't trade a possible long term franchise QB, for a "projected" star, there's a LOT of those guys that are unemployed.

The bottom line is this, as long as they keep on winning, and/or Foles has great numbers, he isn't going anywhere.

Besides, a lot of these guys are playing better, and there may be less holes to fill than anticipated at the start of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                            Do you think P.Manning or Brady would/could have been traded after their first year? I'm NOT saying that Foles is the next Brady/Manning but his numbers are better than either of those players first year stats this far in.

The short answer is, you don't trade a possible long term franchise QB, for a "projected" star, there's a LOT of those guys that are unemployed.

The bottom line is this, as long as they keep on winning, and/or Foles has great numbers, he isn't going anywhere.

Besides, a lot of these guys are playing better, and there may be less holes to fill than anticipated at the start of the year.
                            I live up here and I know a ton of Patriot fans. I remember when Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe and NE fans thought they were done with 0 -2 record and having an unproven 1 Year QB taking over. Brady played ok and got better as the season progressed. They Won the Superbowl and the rest is history. As well as Brady played that year its nothing like what Foles is doing right now. I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady but trading him would be insanity. A GM who did that could go down as the most inept GM of all time.

It looks like Foles may have to win a Superbowl this year to convince some fans. Here is a Chip Kelly QB that a lot of people wanted the Eagles to take at number # 4 how is that working out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=37MMa4LtcFQ

Comment

no no no

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                              shut up
                              Nothing But Love for you DQ...

Comment

Working...
                              X