Crazy Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
    Because Kelly wants to run his style of offense and vision of QB. He is making due with Foles and putting up good numbers, with his own QB, how much more could he create using all of his schemes?

Just saying

Just saying, what, exactly? Some people will just not let go of their delusioned misunderstanding of "Kelly's offense". They assume, completely incorrectly, that he prefers a running QB. If the fact that he's said hundreds of times that that doesn't matter, then the real FACT that he drafted Matt Barkley should have convinced the most ardent doubters. But no. The Philly media keeps harping this running QB bullshit and some fans keep lapping it up.

The eagles are not in any way, shape or form, interested in trading Foles. If they were, they would have accepted the Chiefs second rounder last year, which was offered.

Comment

I Agree REF

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
      Just saying, what, exactly? Some people will just not let go of their delusioned misunderstanding of "Kelly's offense". They assume, completely incorrectly, that he prefers a running QB. If the fact that he's said hundreds of times that that doesn't matter, then the real FACT that he drafted Matt Barkley should have convinced the most ardent doubters. But no. The Philly media keeps harping this running QB bullshit and some fans keep lapping it up.

The eagles are not in any way, shape or form, interested in trading Foles. If they were, they would have accepted the Chiefs second rounder last year, which was offered.
      The point I was really trying to make: the fact the speculation of trading Foles in the offseason is a "Crazy Trade Rumor". Given the sample size of his(Foles) work 12 games between last season and this one he has excelled in all areas of his game. Kelly has had 7 months to watch film and work with all 3 QB's: Vick's skill-set and great preseason won him the starters job, injuries and inconsistency took it away. Matt Barkley was a value pick, and will become the number 2 QB next year.

I agree the media harp on the Running QB because it is the easy story, Kelly has proven he can win with the talent he was left and one draft class. Look at the contributions made from the 2013 draft.

Sometimes teams luck into a franchise qb New England and Seattle were recent teams that did. Why Not Philadelphia? Foles has seized the opportunity and put up record numbers that there is even MVP talk. In a QB driven league, one does not simply trade away talent unless it is not working out. Foles has played his way into being the starter for another season at least in IMHO.

Comment

Have to say I'm becoming a Foles fan. Really impressed with what he's doing. We've seen three of the greatest athletic QBs in NFL history wearing the wings and none of them won a Lombardi. I want a traditional QB for a while. Agree with those who compare his athleticism to the Pittsburgh guy. He's shifty enough in the pocket.

And yes. The mini Tom Brady story just might be on the money. Why not the eagles for once? Draft a good db next year. Safety or corner, I don't care.

Plus, given practice time, why can't Barkley be a serviceable backup? Draft an athletic 3rd stringer late and let him run the scout team pretending to be RGIII and others.

Comment

Working...
        X