what are you expectations now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are you expectations now?

With 4 games left and with the majority of fans having bought into Chip Kelly and the direction of the team, have your expectations changed?

I for one started the season wanting just more wins than last season not knowing what Kelly and staff would bring to the table but now house money will only buy you so much...

As the NFC has had a down cycle this year and do the Saints, Seahawks, 49ers or Panthers really scare you?

If the Eagles were to get into the Dance, win a home game... and...maybe...no way they could make any noise, or could they?

Look at the weapons and the check list:
    QB- Playing at a probowl level
    RB-leads league in rushing
    WR-1000 yd receiving
    OL-solid, healthy and playing at a high level
    Defense- getting turnovers, pressure and not allowing a bunch of points
    ST- Probowl Punter, great coverage
    Coaching- we have a Coach of the year candidate in Kelly.

Take away the fact its the Eagles and this lineup would seem to be a favorite in the Playoffs, no?

Strange how the stars are aligning...

I think the eagles have strung a few wins together and now fans are making stupid predictions with ridiculous expectations. It's not hard to see how this fan base gets gut punched. My expectations, I don't see them getting into the playoffs unless dallas loses one or two games. They aren't on seattle, sf, or no's level and I certainly didn't expect them to be. I wonder if the eagles finish 7-9 if everyone will be on board with kelly still.

Comment

It's far from a sure thing that they will even make the playoffs. Most certainly wouldn't be one of the favorites. I just want to beat Detroit this weekend.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

One game at a time.

Comment

at 7-9

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          I think the eagles have strung a few wins together and now fans are making stupid predictions with ridiculous expectations. It's not hard to see how this fan base gets gut punched. My expectations, I don't see them getting into the playoffs unless dallas loses one or two games. They aren't on seattle, sf, or no's level and I certainly didn't expect them to be. I wonder if the eagles finish 7-9 if everyone will be on board with kelly still.
          you see them losing out? and Kelly closing out the season with a 4 game losing streak? They don't really need to be on the same level Just compete at or near their level for 60 minutes. After years of gut punches and near miss heartache, could the fortunes of this organization change?

Comment

11-5

win 1st playoff game.

go to seattle, stick it up their asses with no vaseline, play SB in Jersey with a massive homefield advantage. meet up vs Patriots.

Comment

Forgot about Jersey Supe...

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              11-5

win 1st playoff game.

go to seattle, stick it up their asses with no vaseline, play SB in Jersey with a massive homefield advantage. meet up vs Patriots.
              How sick would that be?

My Vajayjay is creaming thinking about that one...

I would have a one year smile and woodie that the doctors could not fix...

Please do not wake me up.....

Comment

A little hostile, aren't you ?

San Fran and NO are FAR from unbeatable, but I couldn't see them going into Seattle and winning. With that being said, I will defer to RSE and just take it one game at a time.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm worried that they lose to det, dal wins the next three, final game is meaningless

Comment

Anything from here on out is gravy just want to beat Dallas.

Comment

Jinxy thread.

That said, I don't expect Yackety-sax.

Comment

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
                        you see them losing out? and Kelly closing out the season with a 4 game losing streak? They don't really need to be on the same level Just compete at or near their level for 60 minutes. After years of gut punches and near miss heartache, could the fortunes of this organization change?

Where did I say that I see them losing out?

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                        San Fran and NO are FAR from unbeatable, but I couldn't see them going into Seattle and winning. With that being said, I will defer to RSE and just take it one game at a time.
                        What was hostile about my post? Because I'm not deluded enough to think the 7-5 Eagles are a serious threat to make a superbowl run? They have one win against a team with a winning record and they are coming off of a 4-12 season, get a grip and enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

Hate to say it but the panthers should be mentioned with sf, no, and sea.

Comment

Because the man didn't really say anything that was out of bounds

Where did I say that I see them losing out?

What was hostile about my post? Because I'm not deluded enough to think the 7-5 Eagles are a serious threat to make a superbowl run? They have one win against a team with a winning record and they are coming off of a 4-12 season, get a grip and enjoy it for what it is.
                            Most of what he said is pretty accurate. Nothing wrong with thinking about it. I'm willing to bet most Eagles fans have since this run started.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              Hate to say it but the panthers should be mentioned with sf, no, and sea.
                              I'm starting to get that vibe as well

Comment

Working...
                              X