Temple shitcans 7 Varsity sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple shitcans 7 Varsity sports

In total, there are approximately 150 student-athletes in the seven sports directly impacted by the decision. Nine full-time coaching positions are also affected.

Probably to save $$ to put towards their $100 million proposed on campus, soon to be 3/4 empty football stadium?

It must be Rollie's fault

you seem to take perverse pleasure in this

and why would you EVER defend that POS Louie DePalma look-alike? Even the majority of the Nova people cant stand that fat little prick.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

If Temple is so beneath you, why do you have such a hard on for us? Very Cowboys troll-esque.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

totally

that's no secret.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
          In total, there are approximately 150 student-athletes in the seven sports directly impacted by the decision. Nine full-time coaching positions are also affected.

Probably to save $$ to put towards their $100 million proposed on campus, soon to be 3/4 empty football stadium?

It must be Rollie's fault
          That's what Maryland had to do once their athletic department debt got so out of control.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
            that's no secret.
            Bullshit.
            I came here with respect for TU as I mentioned last year. and I posted a relevant News story.
            Does this place have the same relationship with TU as the GOP with FOXNEWS?
            I rooted against them at times but am a BIG5 fan too. I'm tired of the BS hatred projected on VU with unbelievable stories attributed to alumni.
            I wonder if alums like yourselves would disparage your beloved Cherry and White if those sports were cut for the reason I mentioned?

If Chaney brought TU a NCAA title, you would give a shit about other perceived wrongs he might have done? I think not.
            My rooting for my almamater in 2013 has ZERO to do with ROLLIE.
            Last edited by T.D-Bag; 12-06-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

fuck that prick

keep on defending that filthy carpetbagger. You forget he extorted your beloved school for more $$$ after 86 when the Nets tried to lure him away.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Bullshit, look at the tone of your original post. You were thrilled when you saw this story, and you couldn't wait to post it over here. You don't give a shit about the students affected by this; this is an agenda.

As for the story, this probably does have to do with the on campus stadium. The greed in College athletics is out of control, but it doesn't begin and end with Temple. Many schools have done this. Villanova would have to do the same thing if they want to move up to FBS (which there was talk of a couple years back). And for the record, I don't agree with what they did today.

And if you think Mainliners acting like assholes in Avalon is an "unbelievable story" you are really fucking delusional.
                Last edited by rothdawg; 12-06-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                  Bullshit, look at the tone of your original post. You were thrilled when you saw this story, and you couldn't wait to post it over here. You don't give a shit about the students affected by this; this is an agenda.

As for the story, this probably does have to do with the on campus stadium. The greed in College athletics is out of control, but it doesn't begin and end with Temple. Many schools have done this. Villanova would have to do the same thing if they want to move up to FBS (which there was talk of a couple years back). And for the record, I don't agree with what they did today.

And if you think Mainliners acting like assholes in Avalon is an "unbelievable story" you are really fucking delusional.
                  I lived in the smallest , oldest clam shack of a house ( directly across from WAWA) in Avalon every summer from 1997 to 2005 when it was sold. I remember meeting just as many or more PSUers and SJU alum than VU or mainliners as you call them.
                  No joy at all from my posting. I thought it interesting that this decision was not forced on TU admins, it was a choice based on $$ and what they felt is the best moving forward. VU has rectified the past decisions that were IN PART forced by Big East Expansion.

Comment

apologist

rectum-fied is more like it. dont back track now...the joy in your original post is palpable. Typical lame line Dallas troll wannabe.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

anyone from outside the area who posts here...

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

and wondered why Villanova is the most hated school in the Big Five, or why we rip them all the time only needs to read this thread.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

this clown had a fucking hissy fit when you suggested another school in the City 6 besides his beloved Villanova was the best team in the city, yet he comes here to dance on the grave of 7 Temple sports and expects us to not have a negative reaction to it...typical Nova

Comment

Most of them...

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                          this clown had a fucking hissy fit when you suggested another school in the City 6 besides his beloved Villanova was the best team in the city, yet he comes here to dance on the grave of 7 Temple sports and expects us to not have a negative reaction to it...typical Nova
                          ...are overcompensating for being rejected by Notre Dame
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

was sorry to see my alma mater give up on the men's and women's crew teams. I realize crew makes no money for the school. However, the men's crew team was highly successful, bringing several national and international awards. sad day to be an Owl

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              Your reading and comprehension skills must be limited if you describe that thread as a fit. You can throw Ruben Frank under the bus as well, as he posted this to his FB.

http://deadspin.com/how-temple-footb...-it-1478147064
                              Last edited by T.D-Bag; 12-07-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X