Regarding Nick Foles' shortcomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Nick Foles' shortcomings

People: The guy is going to learn and get BETTER. It's not over for this guy.

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
    I agree with this. Also he's likely to get a little stronger.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It's not over?

Thanks for clearing that up.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

27 TD's and 2 picks. you sure it's not over?

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          At this point its backlash against deification. You should be allowed to see his faults without the circle jerk pulling a Spanish Inquisition.

Comment

"Foles Fucking Sucks" isn't "seeing his faults" you backtracking jackass.

Now go away.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Name me a few QB in the league right now that you would rather have than Foles and justify your reasoning. Aside from the few obvious elite QBs like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc...who else would you rather have than Foles?

Comment

I think one of his biggest strengths right now is his ability to be humble. For as good of a season as he had, he still believes he can improve. That might not be the case in 5 years if he keeps playing at this level, but for now that's a great thing.

Comment

WTF?

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
                  At this point its backlash against deification. You should be allowed to see his faults without the circle jerk pulling a Spanish Inquisition.
                  He's in his first year starting. No one here actually thinks Foles is perfect. I'm not sure why you think you're some visionary by pointing out that a 2nd year QB still has to work on his game.

YOUR dumb point was that he could easily be replaced, which is not true. Look how many QB's he outperformed as a young, unpolished player in his first season with any real starts. Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Kaepernick, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning and Flacco are all starting QB's in this league that wish they had a season like Foles. Some of those guys have WAY more weapons and far better defenses to help bail them out.

Now considering the kind of commitment those teams have to those QB's, what makes you think that you can just turn around and replace Foles like it's no big deal? Are you kidding me? Do you really think that Kelly's offense is so revolutionary that you could just plug any QB in and it wouldn't miss a beat? Because I remember seeing this offense controlled by someone who didn't make good decisions and it looked awful.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Peyton, Brady, Luck, Brees, Rodgers and Wilson are the QBs I personally would take over Foles in any offense.

In this offense, I'd add Cam and Kap to guys I would rather have. They may not be as accurate or take as few risks as Foles, but they both are still good with their arms and deadly with their legs which makes them a better fit for Chip, again, IMO.

IMO Rivers and Foles are neck and neck, just based off the years they had. I know Rivers is a douche, but the guy played some ball this year.

Don't take this as me downplaying Foles or the season he had. I was not a believer at first, but the kid won me over. That doesn't mean that there still can't be other QBs who I think are better or fit better in our offense.

Comment

Shut up, f*ck off

You know what I'm saying. People are talking about how he's not a franchise QB or haven't you heard that?

Comment

I'd take Cam. Not Kaep. Kaep really fucking sucks and I don't think he's going to hold up playing the way he does.
                        Last edited by Melchior; 01-06-2014, 12:43 PM.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Kap really doesn't suck. He's legit.

The way he plays? He doesn't play like RGIII or Vick. He takes off at the right time, not all the time.

I mean, agree to disagree, but I think the kid is one hell of a talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                            Kap really doesn't suck. He's legit.

The way he plays? He doesn't play like RGIII or Vick. He takes off at the right time, not all the time.

I mean, agree to disagree, but I think the kid is one hell of a talent.
                            that's the kind of QB I prefer, esp. in this offense which seems to be one of the very first to not be lazy incorporating such a QB.

Foles WAS doing the "take off at the right time" thing but in two straight games he stopped doing that looking for a pass downfield (the same thing that I criticized Vick, and especially late-career McNabb for doing). that's when the sacks started stacking up.

for me, it's not about the stats (just as long as you aren't Eli bad). Foles seems to be an adaptable QB. Hopefully he will adapt in this way going forward. otherwise, Eagles will gonna get a lot of pretty wins but no "big" ones.

Comment

If Jeff Hostetler and Doug Williams can win a Super Bowl......

...Foles certainly can. Jesus, I try to make a positive post and I get f'ed for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X