Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm settling in on rooting for the Seahawks in the SB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm settling in on rooting for the Seahawks in the SB.

I was leaning that way ahead of time but feeling even more this way now. Hoping for bad weather as I think it would favor the Seahawks.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

i think the unsettling question is are you prepared for a lifetime of pro-brady loving or pro-manning loving after this. If Manning loses, Brady gets the 3 SB hallmark and will always be in that conversation. If Manning wins, I think there's no more debate. Either way, we have to hear about it.

Comment

I'm on the fence. Its hard to stomach another NFC team winning a ring before the Eagles. Even perennial doormats Tampa Bay and New Orleans have won a Super Bowl. Seattle has only been in the NFC for 12 years. I'm leaning towards Denver.

Comment

Yup, me too. (as much as that pains me)

Since another perennially dogshit team of my youth would win a Super Bowl before my beloved Philadelphia Eagles. Breaks my fucking heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
          I'm on the fence. Its hard to stomach another NFC team winning a ring before the Eagles. Even perennial doormats Tampa Bay and New Orleans have won a Super Bowl. Seattle has only been in the NFC for 12 years. I'm leaning towards Denver.
          I'm over the teams winning SBs before the Eagles thing. At this point it's not because those franchises are so great-- it's because the Eagles have blown so much of their opportunities as a franchise.

The whole JoeLo- FF era was such a waste. They wasted over a decade of lives of Eagles fans who were hoping for a championship.

If I had to put blame on one of them it would be JoeLo... but lets not forget the Big Forehead enabled the whole dysfunctional mess.
          --------

Comment

Derrick Coleman (deaf fullback) was the clincher for me to go with the Seahawks. Hard not to root for a positive story like that.
            WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
            - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
            - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

Can't do it. I think John Fox is a good coach, and I wouldn't hate him having a Super Bowl.

I like the way the Seahawks play, but I don't want a scumbag like Carroll getting a ring.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                Can't do it. I think John Fox is a good coach, and I wouldn't hate him having a Super Bowl.

I like the way the Seahawks play, but I don't want a scumbag like Carroll getting a ring.
                Carroll is probably my biggest obstacle for going all in for the Seahawks.

Still I like them overall better than Denver. In keeping with the Weed Bowl theme, Seattle seems more homegrown to me and Denver more mercenary.
                --------

Comment

If manning ends up winning the Super Bowl, he will be the first quaterback in nfl history to win 2 Super Bowls with 2 different teams.

Comment

I'm leaning towards fivehead

primarily for the sheli angle
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

Wow, you really must have forgot that scumbag Jon Fox stealing Eagles play calls on the headset in the playoffs when he was DC of the Giants. That guy is a piece of shit and I've seen enough Eagles seasons end with his dirt bag grin on the other sideline to know there is only one way to go in this one and it's Seattle.

Seriously, what did Pete Carroll ever do to us? He paid Reggie Bush in college? Boo fuckin' Hoo.

People bitch about Belichick with the taped practices but they forget that Fox was listening to the Eagles QB audio in the playoffs back in 2000.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        I was leaning that way ahead of time but feeling even more this way now. Hoping for bad weather as I think it would favor the Seahawks.

I can't pull for a Manning. I even hate Cooper. I hate the fact that the Mannings are the NFL's royal family. Fuck Papa johns and those Oreo commercials. Fuck Omaha, never been there, but fuck them. I can't take a season of the "verbal head" given by Buck and Collingsworth if Peyton wins.

It will suck if another team gets a title before the Iggs. But I've almost given up on the Iggs winning a title during my lifetime. I've lowered the bar to just beating Dallas twice a year.

Seattle 24 Denver 17
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Bad Weather Favor The Seahawks?

You nutso or what? We're talking Denver, The Mile High City, smack dab in the Rocky Mountains, where they always play in snow and cold several times a season.

Bad weather favors Denver -- and for the record -- so do I. No way in HELL can I root for the team that is is in the spot where the Eagles otherwise would have been.
                          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                            You nutso or what? We're talking Denver, The Mile High City, smack dab in the Rocky Mountains, where they always play in snow and cold several times a season.

Bad weather favors Denver -- and for the record -- so do I. No way in HELL can I root for the team that is is in the spot where the Eagles otherwise would have been.
                            Pretty simplistic analysis there.

Bad weather will affect the Denver passing game in a more detrimental manner than it will the Seahawk defense and running game. Historically, Peyton Manning isn't exactly known for playing his best in the elements.
                            --------

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                              Wow, you really must have forgot that scumbag Jon Fox stealing Eagles play calls on the headset in the playoffs when he was DC of the Giants. That guy is a piece of shit and I've seen enough Eagles seasons end with his dirt bag grin on the other sideline to know there is only one way to go in this one and it's Seattle.

Seriously, what did Pete Carroll ever do to us? He paid Reggie Bush in college? Boo fuckin' Hoo.

People bitch about Belichick with the taped practices but they forget that Fox was listening to the Eagles QB audio in the playoffs back in 2000.
                              Great point about John Fox. F him.
                              --------

Comment

Working...
                              X